Subject: OF tree flattening.

From: David Updegraff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:10:42 -0600

Hi.

When OF device tree is flattened, the resultant struct has pointers into
the 'initial_boot_params' area.

I think that area needs 'reserving', since the text of various
properties are contained therein.

One could perhaps argue that the BootRom should do that, in the provided
OF-tree reserve maps... but if we're gonna keep pointers into the area,
seems we should protect it.  Adding a
--------
lmb_reserve(__pa(initial_boot_params), initial_boot_params->totalsize);
------------
to early_init_devtree() worked for me.

There is of course then the problem alluded to in
kdump_move_device_tree(), that then this old DT should be un-reserved..
   I don't have a suggestion for that problem; hope some of you do?

thnx.

-dbu.