Subject: Re: swizzling pci irqs

From: David Updegraff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:40:19 -0600

Kumar Gala wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2006, at 2:59 PM, David Updegraff wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi.
>>
>>If there were a noswizzle option to the kernel command line that
>>resulted in pci scan simply trusting that the bootrom/u-boot had  
>>already
>>correctly assigned the PCI irqs....  every tom,dick,harry, and
>>yours-truly wouldn't have to make a new platform to define the
>>swizzle-o-the-day.  Or have I already missed this argument?
> 
> 
> Sure, I do this now.  Just don't build pci_auto into your pci support  
> and don't explicitly rescan in your pci setup.  The 83xx pci code  
> under arch/powerpc should effective do this.
> 
> - kumar

Hmm; I must be missing something...  cuz to me it looks like pci_32.c
will allways call pcibios_init, which will will scan the bus, which will
swizzle irqs if the platform has non-null swizzle and map_irq function
pointers defined..  Perhaps a setting I've missed somewhere re.
'pci_auto', which I thought was a 'ppc' thing, not a 'powerpc' thing..??

-dbu.