Subject: Re: mpc 83xx immap_t question

From: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:58:23 -0500

On May 9, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Kostantinos Baliotis wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
>  
>
> I’m trying to port a custom driver to mpc8343E processor (a relatively 
> new one). I would be grateful if someone could point me out some links 
> with specific patches, sources (or if it is possible the appropriate 
> cross compile tool chain) for this target CPU.

It uses a 603 based core so any standard PPC cross compiler should be 
fine.

> At this stage my main concern is if this new freescale 
> embedded processor supports the immap_t structure (known from the good 
> old mpc860).

Not exactly sure what you are mean here.  However, there are not any 
plans to create master immap_t structures anymore.

> I should mention that I’m using a 2.4 Linux kernel at the moment.

2.6 has basic support for 834x in 2.6.12-rc4.

- kumar