Subject: Re: [PATCH] Heartbeat LED for iBook

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:11:00 +0100

>>> Btw, howto control it via /dev/adb? Can you point me to a document
>>> which explains that?
>>
>> Write a byte 0x06 followed by the PMU packet (all in one write());
>> read back the PMU reply (all in one read()).
>
> What exactly does 0x06 mean?

6 just means "send to PMU".  It is a Linux thing, nothing to do
with the PMU itself.

> Flash led? Isn't there some kind of
> "bright-led" "5V,12V,24V" settings available? I mean I want to be able
> to change the brightness.

You can't change brightness on a LED.  You can however make it blink,
say, a few hundred times per second, and change the duty-cycle.

> And what is the PMU packet? One Byte, two byte, value 0x2342?

Dunno what the exact command for this is.

> Please point me to a FM about adb.

What is a FM?  And it has nothing to do with ADB.

Segher