Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:12:11 -0500

On Mar 23, 2005, at 5:25 AM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> You misunderstood: get_mmu_context() _wont_ be called if the mm 
> structures
> are the same.

I understood.  At most, get_mmu_context() will only do a 'tlbia'
instruction, I didn't see your reason for thinking this would have
an effect on the tlbie usage.

>> Well, that's interesting.  It's likely to only happen on an 860 
>> variant
>> that
>> has the large TLB.
>
> For what reasoning?

My initial debugging seemed to indicate a stale TLB entry.  With
the larger TLB this is more likely to happen.  The bug was never
seen on the 823/850 with smaller TLBs.

I have a new 8xx board now, so I'll have to start working on these
issues as well.

Thanks.

	-- Dan