Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4 v2] Merge OF dynamic patches

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:40:22 -0700

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This set of patches merges the common dynamic device tree
> updating routines of_attach_node() and of_detach_node() to
> drivers/of/of_dynamic.c.
>
> Built and tested on powerpc, I have no access to build/test
> this on microblaze.

Heh.  Actually, I've got a patch in my tree that does the same thing
(except to a different location).  I could pick up your version and
drop mine, but you need to rework it to be bi-sectable.  As the series
exists right now, the build will fail if only part of the series is
applied.  This change is simple enough that you can do the whole thing
in a single patch.  Or, fix the Kconfig and include stuff in the first
patch with the merge of of_attach_node, and then move of_detach_node
in the second.

But I'm really close to posting my 3rd series, so it may be better to
wait until that is published and build a patch on top of that to move
them into of_dynamic.c

Cheers,
g.

> ---
>
> 1/4 - Merge of_attach_node
> 2/4 - Merge of_detach_node
> 3/4 - Makefile/Kconfig updates
> 4/4 - Update powerpc/pseries to include of_dynamic.h
>
> arch/microblaze/Kconfig                   |    1
> arch/microblaze/include/asm/prom.h        |    4 -
> arch/microblaze/kernel/prom.c             |   59 -----------------------
> arch/powerpc/Kconfig                      |    1
> arch/powerpc/include/asm/prom.h           |    4 -
> arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c                |   59 -----------------------
> arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/reconfig.c |    1 drivers/of/Kconfig
>                |    4 +
> drivers/of/Makefile                       |    1 drivers/of/of_dynamic.c
>               |   75 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> include/linux/of_dynamic.h                |   27 ++++++++++
> 11 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 126 deletions(-)
>

-- 
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.