Subject: Re: ppc/sata-fsl: orphan config value: CONFIG_MPC8315_DS

From: Anthony Foiani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:41:30 -0600

Scott Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

>> --- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/powerpc/fsl/board.txt
>> +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/powerpc/fsl/board.txt
>
> This should go in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/ata/fsl-sata.txt.

Ok, will change.

> As for the property name, I'd prefer "fsl,sata-speed-limit" or
> "fsl,sata-max-generation".  

In my original patch:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc.embedded/58710

I used "fsl,sata-max-gen".  I thought Jeff disliked it, so I changed
it be more generic -- but maybe I misread his complaint.  (And while
his opinions are still respected, new maintainers might have different
tastes.)

I think my logic was that there exist "sata_spd_limit" and related
functions in the ata core, so I should mirror that in the dev tree.
No guarantees, though -- it's been a while since I wrote that code.

> Shaohui, do the driver bits look OK?

> This patch should go via the linux-scsi list (note that Tejun Heo is
> now the SATA maintainer).

linux-scsi, or linux-ide?  My other recent change to sata_fsl went
through the latter.

Thanks for the review / comments.  Let me know how you'd like to
proceed on the above points, and I can resubmit (as a proper patch for
easier tracking).

Best regards,
Anthony Foiani