Subject: RE: [ v4] powerpc: Force page alignment for initrd reserved memory

From: Milton Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:39:06 -0500

On Mon, 23 May 2011 about 10:50:07 -0600, Dave Carroll wrote:
> I'm withdrawing this patch for the moment, due to two areas that need
> further research;
> 
> 1) An adjacent FDT blob, as mentioned by Milton Miller, and
> 

Ok ... by the way, see move_device_tree() in arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c

> 2) Potential interaction with the crash kernel, as used in
>         init/initramfs.c

which already goes around the start and end of crashk_res, which
is adjusted to PAGE_ALIGN in reserve_crashkernel() in machine_kexec.c

> If anyone sees other interactions, please feel free to let me know ...
> 
> Thanks,
> -Dave Carroll

One interaction that I have ignored is preserve_initrd overlapping
crash kernel.  Loading the crash kernel destroys the preserved initrd.
But that is beyond the scope of your current patch (and probably a
seperate patch, with cross-architecture scope).

milton