Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc32: pmac sleep support update

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:37:31 +0100

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi !
>
> This patch updates the PowerMac sleep support. The ability to sleep is now broken
> into 2 different flags, one, "may sleep" is set for all motherboards that we know
> how to put to sleep and wakeup. It gets turned into "can sleep" upon a call from
> the video driver indicating the ability to wakeup the video card. This doesn't
> deal with head-less machines, but this can be improved later. It also adds better
> cache flush code, which improves stability with cpufreq as well as sleep.
>
> This patch actually breaks sleep support until the video drivers for the affected
> machines have been updated. This will come as separate patches.

With all your patches applied I'm getting an oops during wakeup inside
pci_bus_read_config_word on my iBook/G3.  Call trace: pci_set_master,
pci_device_resume, resume_device, dpm_resume, device_resume,
pmac_wakeup_devices, pmu_ioctl, sys_ioctl.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, [email-masked]
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."