Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: iBook G3 owners]

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:10:27 +0200

Sebastian Heutling <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sleep/wakeup works with a modified arch/ppc/platform/pmac_sleep.S (bl 
> reloc_offset was missing which you send later). I still have a strange 
> problem with some programs started in init-Scripts. For example if I run 
> dbus on bootup and directly after that go to sleep and wake-up again my 
> ibook doesn't resume harddisks leaving the following last messages:
>
> eth0 resuming
> PHY ID: 4061e4, addr: 0
> eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex.
> eth0: Pause is disabled
>
> If I disable dbus (stop it) and go to sleep, wakeup - no problem. 

I have the same problem.  I'm also seeing the same hang when the KDED
Media Manager is running (independent of hal/dbus).  I believe the cause
for this is that the ide subsystem wakes up too late, and the cdrom
polling of hal or kded is resuming too early.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, [email-masked]
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."