Subject: Re: jffs2 file system on MPC8272ADS board

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:14:20 +0200

Hi Nethra,

> The other options I am wondering about,
>   -c, --cleanmarker=SIZE Size of cleanmarker (default 12)
>   -n, --no-cleanmarkers  Don't add a cleanmarker to every eraseblock
> cleanmaker size will it help the cause?

Skimming through the thread I cannot tell whether you use NAND or NOR,
but on NAND flash, the cleanmarkers are actually in the out-of-band
area and thus *should not* be in the image, so for NAND we need the -n
option.

I don't think you should have to adjust the size, at least I never
needed this.

Best wishes
  Detlev

-- 
I've been examining the existing [linux]  kernel configuration system, and I
have about concluded that the best favor we could do everybody involved with
it is to take it out behind the barn and shoot it through the head.
                           -- Eric S. Raymond on linux-kbuild Mar 2000
--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-40 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]