Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/8] time: Condense timekeeper.xtime into xtime_sec

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:45:18 +0200

John Stultz <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not very familiar w/ the iBook hardware, but does it use a 
> clocksource, or does it use arch_gettimeoffset()?

clocksource: timebase mult[3640e38e] shift[24] registered

> I suspect that the casting has avoided clipping some strange values from 
> the persistent clock.

That's my guess as well.

> Could you try with the following patch against Linus' HEAD? I suspect it 
> will let the box resume (although it will seem as though no time was 
> spent in resume) and then let me know what the JDB lines print out?

JDB: suspend_time: 1345491706:0  resume_time: 1345491737:0
JDB: Trying to add: 31:0

(Looks reasonable.)

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."