Subject: Re: ELDK on 64-bit host

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:00:56 +0100

Hi Kalle,

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Ben Warren wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Kalle Pokki <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> >  I tried to copy the ELDK 4.0 installation I had to a new Core 2 Quad
>> >  machine running 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10, but the new machine refuses to
>> >  execute the cross compiler. Has anyone succeeded in running ELDK in
>> >  this kind of environment?
>> >
>> Yes (at least with 64-bit Debian on a single core Xeon), but you need
>> a special library on the host.  I think it's call 'ia32-libs'.  It
>> should be available via aptitude.
>
> Thanks, that was indeed the correct library to install. Now it works just 
> fine.
>
> I'm a bit surprised there wasn't really any useful search results from 
> Google with obvious keywords. I was already about to install the 32-bit 
> version of Ubuntu to get the compiler working again. But then, perhaps 
> installing this library was obvious to everyone else :)

We added an FAQ entry[1] to our DULG documentation.  And just as a
reminder, there is also an ELDK mailing list for such questions[2].

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDKUsageIn64BitEnvironment
[2] http://lists.denx.de/mailman/listinfo/eldk

-- 
Paul Simon sang "Fifty Ways to Lose Your Lover", because quite
frankly, "A Million Ways to Tell a Developer He Is a D*ckhead"
doesn't scan nearly as well.  But I'm sure he thought about it.
                            -- linux/Documentation/ManagementStyle
--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-40 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]