Subject: Re: Updating glibc on SELF image

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 20:26:34 +0200

Hi Dave,

> Can someone provide a comprehensive guide for building SELF images from
> scratch? More specifically how to install dependency libraries?

There is a mailing list specifically for ELDK and related questions[1].  

Apart from that, if you want to change SELF contents, you can either do
it manually (as you started) or adjust the SELF spec file and rebuild
the target RPM as documented in the DULG.

Apart from that I believe you somehow work with mismatching SELF and
ELDK NFS installations.  The SELF rpm is built from the ELDK NFS
installation, so it is simply not possible to have different versions of
libraries between those two.

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://lists.denx.de/mailman/listinfo/eldk

-- 
Ftpd never switches uid and euid, it uses setfsuid(2) instead. The
main reason is that uid switching has been exploited in several
breakins, but the sheer ugliness of uid switching counts too.
                                     -- pure-ftpd(8)