Subject: Re: Trouble "Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000)"

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:23:36 +0200

Hi Scott,

> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 02:13:29PM +0200, Detlev Zundel wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> > As for my device tree, I reverted back to the original version with
>> > nothing filled in and just replaced 0xfa20xxxx with 0xf000xxxx as Gary
>> > suggested earlier.
>> 
>> Would it be a problem to also dynamically fixup IMMR in the device tree
>> from U-Boot?
>
> Yes.  It can appear in multiple places in the device tree (for exmaple,
> in things like the localbus and pci nodes where we have some IMMR
> registers but need ranges to point outside IMMR); this introduces more
> dependencies between u-boot and the input dtb than just getting the
> address right in the first place.

Ah, I see - the IMMR address is duplicated because the nodes you mention
are not children of "soc", so they cannot reference that parent address
space.

I guess re-arranging the hierarchy is not viable, but maybe we can
include this orthogonal parent-child relation.  For example, could a
"reg-parent" phandle solve this duplication?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-40 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]