Subject: Re: 832x: MATH_EMUL

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:16:51 +0200

Hi Kumar,

> On Aug 21, 2009, at 1:39 AM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I actually porting a mpc8321 based port, and because there is no FPU
>> on this CPU, I activated MATH_EMUL, as all other mpc832x ports did.
>>
>> Is there something like a counter, which counts how many times this
>> Exception occurs?
>
> Geert published some patches that did something like this but there
> isn't upstream as far as I know at this point.

Were there any technical reasons or did it just slip into the cracks?
In my opinion such a counter would be *very* helpful to judge the
performance impact one suffers instead of living in ignorant bliss.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-40 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]