Subject: Re: Signal backtrace function

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:09:00 +0200

Hi Jocke,

> I made my own backtrace function for printing
> a trace from within a signal handler. Maybe it
> can be useful for the kernel too? General
> comments welcome.

Probably a dumb question, but doesn't backtrace(3) from glibc work
architecture independent already?   Why do you need to reimplement it?

Thanks
  Detlev

-- 
The management question  ...  is not  _whether_  to build a pilot system
and throw it away.  You _will_ do that.  The only question is whether to
plan  in advance  to build  a throwaway,  or  to promise  to deliver the
throwaway to customers.          - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"
--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-40 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]