Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/15] PowerMac i2c API conversions & windfarm updates

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:59:04 +0200

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ok, I'll switch that back then. It seemed more sensible to read the
> actual fan values rather than the programmed ones (in fact I wonder if I
> can just skip the read alltogether then and use a cached value but that
> means I won't be able to detect failed fans...), but if you say it
> behaves better, let's keep it the way it was.

I don't actually care too much about this, since the most annoyance came
from the slots fan.

> As for the tickle, I'm not sure yet how to proceed. I'll look into it,
> try various things. We can maybe just remove the tickle but that means
> that a completely idle machine might start ramping up as the FCU times
> out.

The old driver gets away with it probably because it always writes to
the fcu even if the speed didn't change.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."