Subject: Re: Inline assembly queries [2]

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:40:02 +0200

Gabriel Paubert <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:57:12PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> The 'Z' constraint is required for a memory operand for insns that don't
>> have an update form (which would be selected by the %U modifier).  
>
> Hmmm, I believed that it was for instructions that only have an indexed
> form (all Altivec, byte reverse, and l?arx/st?cx for atomic operations).
>
> Of course none of these instructions have an update form, but they don't
> have an offset encoded in the instruction either.

Yes, you are right.  IIRC there are either all u/x/ux forms or only the
x form.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."