Subject: [PATCH 13/16] powerpc smp: no need to set_need_resched in resched ipi

From: Milton Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 06:56:45 -0500 (CDT)

The code was asking "Do we have to do this?", and according to x86 and s390
the answer is no, the scheduler will do it before calling the arch hook.

Signed-off-by: Milton Miller <[email-masked]>

Index: next.git/arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c
===================================================================
--- next.git.orig/arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c	2008-10-04 22:09:36.000000000 -0500
+++ next.git/arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c	2008-10-04 22:12:32.000000000 -0500
@@ -101,8 +101,7 @@ void smp_message_recv(int msg)
 		generic_smp_call_function_interrupt();
 		break;
 	case PPC_MSG_RESCHEDULE:
-		/* XXX Do we have to do this? */
-		set_need_resched();
+		/* we notice need_resched on exit */
 		break;
 	case PPC_MSG_CALL_FUNC_SINGLE:
 		generic_smp_call_function_single_interrupt();