Subject: Re: NFS problem

From: "Ralf HECKHAUSEN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:04:53 +0100

I am typing sync permanently on both sides. It shortens the time for the update, but still it is not direct.
Ralf

>>> <[email-masked]> 01/28/00 02:08pm >>>

Type sync on both your board and your nfs host before accessing the files
on the board.

There is probably a bug somewhere, probably in the NFS server. I am using
Debian 2.1 (slink). I have not bothered to track it down, I just type some
extra syncs.

K.D.

Ralf wrote:

I am booting from an NFS server and have a strange effect. When files are
deleted or updated on the server, the board for a whole while still uses
the old versions of the files before it notices the update.
What do I have to do to make them more synchronized?

Thanks,
Ralf

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/