Subject: problem in kernel with Stty initialisation

From: "Jeremy Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:49:58 +1100

Hello everybody

I am slowly going further with my FADS860T board, and now I have a
ppcboot up and running.

I am feeding it with the kernel from denx (2.4.4 07 23 ) and it boots
properly until ttyS initialisation where it tryes to access forbidden
memory.
I have modified the source to skip that initialisation, and except
that, the kerrnel is booting OK.
The problem is that I need the ttyS for my console :-)

the exact output is Oops kernel access of bad area, sig 11
generated by line 417 : return inb(info->port + offset);
called by line 3635 : scratch = serial_inp(info, UART_IER);

the Oops is here with the three ttyS.

Is this a known bug ?
did I do something wrong in the config ???
the serial port works well under ppc boot, I use a baud rate of 115200,
and the printk messages are output correctly on ttyS1.

thx

Jeremy

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/