Subject: Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] remove the broken VIDEO_PLANB driver

From: Mich Lanners <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:00:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi Adrian, hi Ben,

On   5 Jan, this message from Benjamin Herrenschmidt echoed through
cyberspace:
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 19:53 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> The VIDEO_PLANB driver:
>> - has been marked as BROKEN for more than two years and
>> - is still marked as BROKEN.
>> 
>> Drivers that had been marked as BROKEN for such a long time seem to
>> be unlikely to be revived in the forseeable future.

I was waiting for this one :-) I have to admit I don't have the time to
work on this anymore, so either Ben can fix something, or I will sadly
add my s-o-b.

>> Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
> 
> I suppose I could give it a go as I do have a machine with that
> hardware rusting somewhere... Don't remove it right away, I'll have a
> look.

If you need explanations about the code or the hardware, don't hesitate
to ask. Not sure what I still remember, but I still have my old paper
notes.

Cheers

Michel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michel Lanners                 |  " Read Philosophy.  Study Art.
23, Rue Paul Henkes            |    Ask Questions.  Make Mistakes.
L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   [email-masked]            |
http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan        |                     Learn Always. "