Subject: benh's kernel is unable to compile.

From: Sato Daisuke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:24:44 +0900

Hi, there.

I trying to make current benh's source(2.4.14-pre2-ben0/from
rsync). But couldn't make.

ld -T arch/ppc/vmlinux.lds -Ttext 0xc0000000 -Bstatic arch/ppc/kernel/head.o init/main.o init/version.o \
	--start-group \
	arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o arch/ppc/mm/mm.o arch/ppc/lib/lib.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o \
	 drivers/char/char.o drivers/block/block.o drivers/misc/misc.o drivers/net/net.o drivers/media/media.o drivers/ide/idedriver.o drivers/scsi/scsidrv.o drivers/cdrom/driver.o drivers/pci/driver.o drivers/net/wireless/wireless_net.o drivers/macintosh/macintosh.o \
	net/network.o \
	/home/densuke/src/linux-2.4-benh/lib/lib.a \
	--end-group \
	-o vmlinux
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `sys_call_table':
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x1fae): undefined reference to `dummy_con'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x1fb6): undefined reference to `dummy_con'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x1fba): undefined reference to `conswitchp'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x1fbe): undefined reference to `conswitchp'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `read':
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x35d2): undefined reference to `linux_logo_red'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x35d6): undefined reference to `linux_logo_red'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x35da): undefined reference to `linux_logo_green'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x35de): undefined reference to `linux_logo_blue'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x35e2): undefined reference to `linux_logo_green'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x35e6): undefined reference to `linux_logo_blue'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x66b6): undefined reference to `dummy_con'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x66be): undefined reference to `dummy_con'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x66c2): undefined reference to `conswitchp'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x66c6): undefined reference to `conswitchp'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `_get_L2CR':
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x8956): undefined reference to `vga_con'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x895a): undefined reference to `vga_con'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x8966): undefined reference to `conswitchp'
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S(.text.init+0x896e): undefined reference to `conswitchp'
drivers/char/char.o: In function `chr_dev_init':
drivers/char/char.o(.text.init+0x54): undefined reference to `fbmem_init'
drivers/char/char.o(.text.init+0x54): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 fbmem_init
drivers/ide/idedriver.o: In function `idedisk_exit':
drivers/ide/idedriver.o(.text.exit+0x4c): undefined reference to `ide_remove_proc_entries'
drivers/ide/idedriver.o(.text.exit+0x4c): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 ide_remove_proc_entries
drivers/ide/idedriver.o: In function `idefloppy_exit':
drivers/ide/idedriver.o(.text.exit+0x158): undefined reference to `ide_remove_proc_entries'
drivers/ide/idedriver.o(.text.exit+0x158): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 ide_remove_proc_entries
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Aren't any good ideas found?
--
[email-masked]/current kernel is 2.4.12-benh0
My english is very dirty...

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/