Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] ibmvfc: byte swap login_buf.resp values in attribute show functions

From: "Martin K. Petersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 22:22:37 -0500

Tyrel,

> The checkpatch script only warns at 100 char lines these days. To be
> fair though I did have two lines go over that limit by a couple
> characters, there are a couple commit log typos, and I had an if
> keyword with no space after before the opening parenthesis. So, I'll
> happily re-spin.

Please tweak the little things that need fixing and resubmit.

> However, for my info going forward is the SCSI subsystem sticking to
> 80 char lines as a hard limit?

As far as I'm concerned the 80 char limit is mainly about ensuring that
the code is structured in a sensible way. Typesetting best practices
also suggest that longer lines are harder to read. So while I generally
don't strictly enforce the 80 char limit for drivers, I do push back if
I feel that readability could be improved by breaking the line or
restructuring the code.

Use your best judgment to optimize for readability.

Thanks!

-- 
Martin K. Petersen	Oracle Linux Engineering