Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Read in ath9k_wmi_ctrl_rx

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 06:30:14 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    e17994d1 usb: core: kcov: collect coverage from usb comple..
git tree:       https://github.com/google/kasan.git usb-fuzzer
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1253c9d5e00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=5d64370c438bc60
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=5d338854440137ea0fef
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=17fd135be00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=16436be5e00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in ath9k_wmi_ctrl_rx+0x416/0x500 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/wmi.c:215
Read of size 1 at addr ffff8881cef1417c by task swapper/1/0

CPU: 1 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/1 Not tainted 5.6.0-rc5-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 <IRQ>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0xef/0x16e lib/dump_stack.c:118
 print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xd3/0x314 mm/kasan/report.c:374
 __kasan_report.cold+0x37/0x77 mm/kasan/report.c:506
 kasan_report+0xe/0x20 mm/kasan/common.c:641
 ath9k_wmi_ctrl_rx+0x416/0x500 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/wmi.c:215
 ath9k_htc_rx_msg+0x2da/0xaf0 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_hst.c:459
 ath9k_hif_usb_reg_in_cb+0x1ba/0x630 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hif_usb.c:718
 __usb_hcd_giveback_urb+0x29a/0x550 drivers/usb/core/hcd.c:1650
 usb_hcd_giveback_urb+0x368/0x420 drivers/usb/core/hcd.c:1716
 dummy_timer+0x1258/0x32ae drivers/usb/gadget/udc/dummy_hcd.c:1966
 call_timer_fn+0x195/0x6f0 kernel/time/timer.c:1404
 expire_timers kernel/time/timer.c:1449 [inline]
 __run_timers kernel/time/timer.c:1773 [inline]
 __run_timers kernel/time/timer.c:1740 [inline]
 run_timer_softirq+0x5f9/0x1500 kernel/time/timer.c:1786

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches