Subject: [syzbot] riscv/fixes boot error: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request in corrupted

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 03:41:17 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    7d2a07b76933 Linux 5.14
git tree:       git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git fixes
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=150f460d300000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=f8211b06020972e8
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6dfe749a37c4895fd959
compiler:       riscv64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.1
userspace arch: riscv64

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000000000400dc0
Oops [#1]
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 2973 Comm: dhcpcd-run-hook Not tainted 5.14.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: riscv-virtio,qemu (DT)
epc : slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2900 [inline]
epc : slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2967 [inline]
epc : __kmalloc+0xce/0x388 mm/slub.c:4111
 ra : slab_pre_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:494 [inline]
 ra : slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2880 [inline]
 ra : slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2967 [inline]
 ra : __kmalloc+0x6e/0x388 mm/slub.c:4111
epc : ffffffff803e3568 ra : ffffffff803e3508 sp : ffffffe00b36ba70
 gp : ffffffff83f967d8 tp : ffffffe0081ac740 t0 : 0000000000000000
 t1 : 0000000000000001 t2 : 0000000000000000 s0 : ffffffe00b36bb10
 s1 : ffffffe005602500 a0 : 0000000000000000 a1 : ffffffe00b36be5c
 a2 : 1ffffffc01035a0f a3 : 0000000000400dc0 a4 : 0000000000000001
 a5 : ffffffff82e4b410 a6 : 0000000000f00000 a7 : ffffffff8038ca52
 s2 : ffffffff83f96adc s3 : 0000000000400dc0 s4 : 0000000000000010
 s5 : ffffffff807e81f8 s6 : ffffffff83f9a0d0 s7 : 0000000000000000
 s8 : 0000000000400dc0 s9 : 0000000000000001 s10: 0000000000000000
 s11: 0000000000000000 t3 : 2e9dd4183131c900 t4 : ffffffc7f0788989
 t5 : ffffffc7f078898a t6 : ffffffe00b07e9c0
status: 0000000000000120 badaddr: 0000000000400dc0 cause: 000000000000000d
[<ffffffff803e3568>] slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2900 [inline]
[<ffffffff803e3568>] slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2967 [inline]
[<ffffffff803e3568>] __kmalloc+0xce/0x388 mm/slub.c:4111
[<ffffffff807e81f8>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:596 [inline]
[<ffffffff807e81f8>] kzalloc+0x26/0x32 include/linux/slab.h:721
[<ffffffff807ebea4>] lsm_cred_alloc security/security.c:537 [inline]
[<ffffffff807ebea4>] security_prepare_creds+0xde/0x106 security/security.c:1691
[<ffffffff8007ba92>] prepare_creds+0x40e/0x5ae kernel/cred.c:293
[<ffffffff8007d014>] copy_creds+0x62/0x908 kernel/cred.c:367
[<ffffffff800216ba>] copy_process+0xb52/0x3a98 kernel/fork.c:1992
[<ffffffff8002480c>] kernel_clone+0x94/0x878 kernel/fork.c:2509
[<ffffffff80025074>] __do_sys_clone+0x84/0xac kernel/fork.c:2626
[<ffffffff80025336>] sys_clone+0x32/0x44 kernel/fork.c:2594
[<ffffffff80005150>] ret_from_syscall+0x0/0x2
---[ end trace 90d68454cb946b7b ]---

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.