Subject: memory leak in pcan_usb_pro_init

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 14:33:10 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    0477e928 Linux 5.10-rc7
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14ef3f45500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4305fa9ea70c7a9f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=215ecdbae76bb8c36b7e
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1207c05b500000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=10b7b613500000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff888110d22380 (size 96):
  comm "kworker/0:3", pid 4912, jiffies 4294942219 (age 8.820s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    40 89 17 12 81 88 ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  @...............
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<00000000706edd19>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:552 [inline]
    [<00000000706edd19>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:664 [inline]
    [<00000000706edd19>] pcan_usb_pro_init+0x120/0x280 drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_pro.c:856
    [<0000000025ad9e43>] peak_usb_create_dev drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_core.c:850 [inline]
    [<0000000025ad9e43>] peak_usb_probe+0x389/0x490 drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_core.c:948
    [<0000000064acbdae>] usb_probe_interface+0x177/0x370 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:396
    [<0000000032f135d3>] really_probe+0x159/0x480 drivers/base/dd.c:554
    [<00000000e1ce8490>] driver_probe_device+0x84/0x100 drivers/base/dd.c:738
    [<00000000bfd26436>] __device_attach_driver+0xee/0x110 drivers/base/dd.c:844
    [<00000000cc4dd83e>] bus_for_each_drv+0xb7/0x100 drivers/base/bus.c:431
    [<00000000f1b1aa05>] __device_attach+0x122/0x250 drivers/base/dd.c:912
    [<0000000034abf9f3>] bus_probe_device+0xc6/0xe0 drivers/base/bus.c:491
    [<00000000ade05bb4>] device_add+0x5ac/0xc30 drivers/base/core.c:2936
    [<00000000a596bcb5>] usb_set_configuration+0x9de/0xb90 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2159
    [<0000000008726818>] usb_generic_driver_probe+0x8c/0xc0 drivers/usb/core/generic.c:238
    [<00000000c9e87a33>] usb_probe_device+0x5c/0x140 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:293
    [<0000000032f135d3>] really_probe+0x159/0x480 drivers/base/dd.c:554
    [<00000000e1ce8490>] driver_probe_device+0x84/0x100 drivers/base/dd.c:738
    [<00000000bfd26436>] __device_attach_driver+0xee/0x110 drivers/base/dd.c:844

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches