Subject: memory leak in veth_dev_init

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 04:51:15 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    e9919e11 Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17058f57100000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=175942c28d9b8dd0
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=59ef240dd8f0ed7598a8
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=12f95700900000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff8881097d2400 (size 1024):
  comm "syz-executor.2", pid 6690, jiffies 4295037413 (age 16.990s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<00000000e43a1d47>] kmalloc_array include/linux/slab.h:597 [inline]
    [<00000000e43a1d47>] kcalloc include/linux/slab.h:608 [inline]
    [<00000000e43a1d47>] veth_alloc_queues drivers/net/veth.c:1018 [inline]
    [<00000000e43a1d47>] veth_dev_init+0x7b/0x120 drivers/net/veth.c:1045
    [<000000003f373d1e>] register_netdevice+0x143/0x760 net/core/dev.c:9444
    [<00000000b86f82c1>] veth_newlink+0x1d5/0x460 drivers/net/veth.c:1366
    [<000000008d2f627f>] __rtnl_newlink+0x8f3/0xbb0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:3339
    [<000000008e87c660>] rtnl_newlink+0x49/0x70 net/core/rtnetlink.c:3397
    [<000000002569c6f3>] rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x17e/0x460 net/core/rtnetlink.c:5460
    [<00000000ea72628d>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x5b/0x180 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2469
    [<0000000006d33309>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1303 [inline]
    [<0000000006d33309>] netlink_unicast+0x2b6/0x3c0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1329
    [<000000002d1084c2>] netlink_sendmsg+0x2ba/0x570 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1918
    [<000000002ba4c104>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
    [<000000002ba4c104>] sock_sendmsg+0x4c/0x60 net/socket.c:672
    [<00000000c343726d>] __sys_sendto+0x11d/0x1c0 net/socket.c:1995
    [<00000000f1ad5dc1>] __do_sys_sendto net/socket.c:2007 [inline]
    [<00000000f1ad5dc1>] __se_sys_sendto net/socket.c:2003 [inline]
    [<00000000f1ad5dc1>] __x64_sys_sendto+0x26/0x30 net/socket.c:2003
    [<000000004ab49ca5>] do_syscall_64+0x4c/0xe0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:384
    [<00000000e04d67c2>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches