Subject: WARNING in __cfg80211_ibss_joined

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 09:04:13 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    fdfa3a67 Merge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub..
git tree:       bpf-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=13ac434ee00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=71f1d0a1df5278ab
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=a37200cd4a9a4d86c52f
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 607 at net/wireless/ibss.c:36 __cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x509/0x5b0 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 1 PID: 607 Comm: kworker/u4:10 Not tainted 5.5.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: cfg80211 cfg80211_event_work
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x197/0x210 lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x2e3/0x75c kernel/panic.c:221
 __warn.cold+0x2f/0x3e kernel/panic.c:582
 report_bug+0x289/0x300 lib/bug.c:195
 fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:174 [inline]
 fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:169 [inline]
 do_error_trap+0x11b/0x200 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:267
 do_invalid_op+0x37/0x50 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:286
 invalid_op+0x23/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:1027
RIP: 0010:__cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x509/0x5b0 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Code: 0f 0b e9 f3 fd ff ff e8 e5 3f 3d fa e9 dc fb ff ff e8 9b 3f 3d fa e9 18 fc ff ff e8 d1 3f 3d fa e9 08 ff ff ff e8 47 9a fe f9 <0f> 0b e9 19 fc ff ff e8 3b 9a fe f9 0f 0b e8 d4 3f 3d fa e9 7e fb
RSP: 0018:ffffc90001d77bb0 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: ffff8880a7f843c0 RBX: ffff888058c3cb90 RCX: 0000000000000006
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ffffffff8776e2b9 RDI: ffff8880a7f84c54
RBP: ffffc90001d77c60 R08: 1ffffffff16a2f77 R09: fffffbfff16a2f78
R10: fffffbfff16a2f77 R11: ffffffff8b517bbf R12: ffff888058c3c000
R13: 1ffff920003aef7a R14: ffff8880a84ba118 R15: 0000000000000000
 cfg80211_process_wdev_events+0x3fe/0x5b0 net/wireless/util.c:885
 cfg80211_process_rdev_events+0x75/0x100 net/wireless/util.c:911
 cfg80211_event_work+0x1e/0x30 net/wireless/core.c:320
 process_one_work+0xa05/0x17a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2264
 worker_thread+0x98/0xe40 kernel/workqueue.c:2410
 kthread+0x361/0x430 kernel/kthread.c:255
 ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:352
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.