Subject: [syzbot] [net?] WARNING in sock_i_ino

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 07:36:44 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    6f68fc395f49 Merge tag 'linux-can-fixes-for-6.4-20230622' ..
git tree:       net
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1665dc57280000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=2cbd298d0aff1140
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=5da61cf6a9bc1902d422
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=15e35733280000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=12064b33280000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/0b8a4c4a2083/disk-6f68fc39.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/c8f50d314bb1/vmlinux-6f68fc39.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/b4b6929c2933/bzImage-6f68fc39.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 5012 at kernel/softirq.c:376 __local_bh_enable_ip+0xbe/0x130 kernel/softirq.c:376
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 5012 Comm: syz-executor487 Not tainted 6.4.0-rc7-syzkaller-00202-g6f68fc395f49 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 05/27/2023
RIP: 0010:__local_bh_enable_ip+0xbe/0x130 kernel/softirq.c:376
Code: 45 bf 01 00 00 00 e8 91 5b 0a 00 e8 3c 15 3d 00 fb 65 8b 05 ec e9 b5 7e 85 c0 74 58 5b 5d c3 65 8b 05 b2 b6 b4 7e 85 c0 75 a2 <0f> 0b eb 9e e8 89 15 3d 00 eb 9f 48 89 ef e8 6f 49 18 00 eb a8 0f
RSP: 0018:ffffc90003a1f3d0 EFLAGS: 00010046
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000201 RCX: 1ffffffff1cf5996
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000201 RDI: ffffffff8805c6f3
RBP: ffffffff8805c6f3 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffff8880152b03a3
R10: ffffed1002a56074 R11: 0000000000000005 R12: 00000000000073e4
R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: 0000000000000002 R15: 0000000000000000
FS:  0000555556726300(0000) GS:ffff8880b9800000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000000000045ad50 CR3: 000000007c646000 CR4: 00000000003506f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 sock_i_ino+0x83/0xa0 net/core/sock.c:2559
 __netlink_diag_dump+0x45c/0x790 net/netlink/diag.c:171
 netlink_diag_dump+0xd6/0x230 net/netlink/diag.c:207
 netlink_dump+0x570/0xc50 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2269
 __netlink_dump_start+0x64b/0x910 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2374
 netlink_dump_start include/linux/netlink.h:329 [inline]
 netlink_diag_handler_dump+0x1ae/0x250 net/netlink/diag.c:238
 __sock_diag_cmd net/core/sock_diag.c:238 [inline]
 sock_diag_rcv_msg+0x31e/0x440 net/core/sock_diag.c:269
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x165/0x440 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2547
 sock_diag_rcv+0x2a/0x40 net/core/sock_diag.c:280
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1339 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x547/0x7f0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1365
 netlink_sendmsg+0x925/0xe30 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1914
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:724 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xde/0x190 net/socket.c:747
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x71c/0x900 net/socket.c:2503
 ___sys_sendmsg+0x110/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2557
 __sys_sendmsg+0xf7/0x1c0 net/socket.c:2586
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd
RIP: 0033:0x7f5303aaabb9
Code: 28 c3 e8 2a 14 00 00 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 c0 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007ffc7506e548 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 00007f5303aaabb9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000180 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00007f5303a6ed60 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007f5303a6edf0
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
 </TASK>

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the bug is already fixed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to change bug's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the bug is a duplicate of another bug, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup