Subject: [syzbot] [hams?] KMSAN: uninit-value in ax25cmp (3)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 02:14:18 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    fbafc3e621c3 Merge tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org..
git tree:       upstream
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=13563e09e80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e0c7078a6b901aa3
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=74161d266475935e9c5d
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=14a0b836e80000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1201287ee80000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/1520f7b6daa4/disk-fbafc3e6.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/8b490af009d5/vmlinux-fbafc3e6.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/202ca200f4a4/bzImage-fbafc3e6.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

=====================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in ax25cmp+0x3a5/0x460 net/ax25/ax25_addr.c:119
 ax25cmp+0x3a5/0x460 net/ax25/ax25_addr.c:119
 nr_dev_get+0x20e/0x450 net/netrom/nr_route.c:601
 nr_route_frame+0x1a2/0xfc0 net/netrom/nr_route.c:774
 nr_xmit+0x5a/0x1c0 net/netrom/nr_dev.c:144
 __netdev_start_xmit include/linux/netdevice.h:4940 [inline]
 netdev_start_xmit include/linux/netdevice.h:4954 [inline]
 xmit_one net/core/dev.c:3548 [inline]
 dev_hard_start_xmit+0x247/0xa10 net/core/dev.c:3564
 __dev_queue_xmit+0x33b8/0x5130 net/core/dev.c:4349
 dev_queue_xmit include/linux/netdevice.h:3134 [inline]
 raw_sendmsg+0x654/0xc10 net/ieee802154/socket.c:299
 ieee802154_sock_sendmsg+0x91/0xc0 net/ieee802154/socket.c:96
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:730 [inline]
 __sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:745 [inline]
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x9c2/0xd60 net/socket.c:2584
 ___sys_sendmsg+0x28d/0x3c0 net/socket.c:2638
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2667 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2676 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2674 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x307/0x490 net/socket.c:2674
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x44/0x110 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0x6b

Uninit was created at:
 slab_post_alloc_hook+0x129/0xa70 mm/slab.h:768
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3478 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc_node+0x5e9/0xb10 mm/slub.c:3523
 kmalloc_reserve+0x13d/0x4a0 net/core/skbuff.c:560
 __alloc_skb+0x318/0x740 net/core/skbuff.c:651
 alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1286 [inline]
 alloc_skb_with_frags+0xc8/0xbd0 net/core/skbuff.c:6334
 sock_alloc_send_pskb+0xa80/0xbf0 net/core/sock.c:2780
 sock_alloc_send_skb include/net/sock.h:1884 [inline]
 raw_sendmsg+0x36d/0xc10 net/ieee802154/socket.c:282
 ieee802154_sock_sendmsg+0x91/0xc0 net/ieee802154/socket.c:96
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:730 [inline]
 __sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:745 [inline]
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x9c2/0xd60 net/socket.c:2584
 ___sys_sendmsg+0x28d/0x3c0 net/socket.c:2638
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2667 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2676 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2674 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x307/0x490 net/socket.c:2674
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x44/0x110 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0x6b

CPU: 0 PID: 5037 Comm: syz-executor166 Not tainted 6.7.0-rc7-syzkaller-00003-gfbafc3e621c3 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 11/17/2023
=====================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup