Subject: WARNING: ODEBUG bug in __init_work

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:30:17 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    770fbb32 Add linux-next specific files for 20200228
git tree:       linux-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17625e75e00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=576314276bce4ad5
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=5470940d8c65601e282f
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=109c2b19e00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
ODEBUG: init active (active state 0) object type: work_struct hint: route4_delete_filter_work+0x0/0x20 net/sched/cls_route.c:256
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 9602 at lib/debugobjects.c:485 debug_print_object+0x160/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:485
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 0 PID: 9602 Comm: syz-executor.3 Not tainted 5.6.0-rc3-next-20200228-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x188/0x20d lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x2e3/0x75c kernel/panic.c:221
 __warn.cold+0x2f/0x35 kernel/panic.c:582
 report_bug+0x27b/0x2f0 lib/bug.c:195
 fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:175 [inline]
 fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:170 [inline]
 do_error_trap+0x12b/0x220 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:267
 do_invalid_op+0x32/0x40 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:286
 invalid_op+0x23/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:1027
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object+0x160/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:485
Code: dd 00 25 72 88 48 89 fa 48 c1 ea 03 80 3c 02 00 0f 85 bf 00 00 00 48 8b 14 dd 00 25 72 88 48 c7 c7 60 1a 72 88 e8 48 06 b1 fd <0f> 0b 83 05 bb f8 f2 06 01 48 83 c4 20 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d c3 48 89
RSP: 0018:ffffc90002497198 EFLAGS: 00010286
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ffffffff815c4e91 RDI: fffff52000492e25
RBP: 0000000000000001 R08: ffff88808b212080 R09: ffffed1015cc6661
R10: ffffed1015cc6660 R11: ffff8880ae633307 R12: ffffffff8997bf00
R13: ffffffff814ac650 R14: ffffffff8c7fc668 R15: 1ffff92000492e4b
 __debug_object_init+0x572/0xe20 lib/debugobjects.c:568
 __init_work+0x48/0x50 kernel/workqueue.c:502
 tcf_queue_work+0x19/0xf0 net/sched/cls_api.c:205
 route4_change+0xe8e/0x2250 net/sched/cls_route.c:550
 tc_new_tfilter+0xa59/0x20b0 net/sched/cls_api.c:2103
 rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x810/0xad0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:5431
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x15a/0x410 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2478
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1303 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x537/0x740 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1329
 netlink_sendmsg+0x882/0xe10 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1918
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:672
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6b9/0x7d0 net/socket.c:2343
 ___sys_sendmsg+0x100/0x170 net/socket.c:2397
 __sys_sendmsg+0xec/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2430
 do_syscall_64+0xf6/0x790 arch/x86/entry/common.c:295
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x45c849
Code: ad b6 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 66 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 0f 83 7b b6 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007fbb327afc78 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007fbb327b06d4 RCX: 000000000045c849
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000280 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 000000000076bfa0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00000000ffffffff
R13: 00000000000009f9 R14: 00000000004ccb11 R15: 000000000076bfac
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches