Subject: [syzbot] memory leak in regulatory_hint_core

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 09:02:45 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    aae703b02f92 Merge tag 'for-6.1-rc1-tag' of git://git.kern..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=113ed1b4880000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=d2f454d7d3b63980
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=232ebdbd36706c965ebf
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=124b8de2880000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=12ae6a4a880000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a6542869e73f/disk-aae703b0.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/1a8ac40b2df8/vmlinux-aae703b0.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

executing program
BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff8881450a3900 (size 64):
  comm "swapper/0", pid 1, jiffies 4294937964 (age 66.260s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 30 30 00 00  ............00..
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff814cf9f0>] kmalloc_trace+0x20/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1046
    [<ffffffff84070f62>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:576 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84070f62>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:712 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84070f62>] regulatory_hint_core+0x22/0x60 net/wireless/reg.c:3242
    [<ffffffff8722bfc1>] regulatory_init_db+0x222/0x2de net/wireless/reg.c:4312
    [<ffffffff81000fde>] do_one_initcall+0x5e/0x2e0 init/main.c:1303
    [<ffffffff8718db35>] do_initcall_level init/main.c:1376 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8718db35>] do_initcalls init/main.c:1392 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8718db35>] do_basic_setup init/main.c:1411 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8718db35>] kernel_init_freeable+0x255/0x2cf init/main.c:1631
    [<ffffffff8460cb9a>] kernel_init+0x1a/0x1c0 init/main.c:1519
    [<ffffffff8100224f>] ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:306

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810c287f00 (size 256):
  comm "syz-executor105", pid 3600, jiffies 4294943292 (age 12.990s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff814cf9f0>] kmalloc_trace+0x20/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1046
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:576 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kmalloc_array include/linux/slab.h:627 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kcalloc include/linux/slab.h:659 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] tcf_exts_init include/net/pkt_cls.h:250 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] tcindex_set_parms+0xa7/0xbe0 net/sched/cls_tcindex.c:342
    [<ffffffff839caa1f>] tcindex_change+0xdf/0x120 net/sched/cls_tcindex.c:553
    [<ffffffff8394db62>] tc_new_tfilter+0x4f2/0x1100 net/sched/cls_api.c:2147
    [<ffffffff8389e91c>] rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x4dc/0x5d0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:6082
    [<ffffffff839eba67>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x87/0x1d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2540
    [<ffffffff839eab87>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1319 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839eab87>] netlink_unicast+0x397/0x4c0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1345
    [<ffffffff839eb046>] netlink_sendmsg+0x396/0x710 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1921
    [<ffffffff8383e796>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8383e796>] sock_sendmsg+0x56/0x80 net/socket.c:734
    [<ffffffff8383eb08>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x178/0x410 net/socket.c:2482
    [<ffffffff83843678>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2536
    [<ffffffff838439c5>] __sys_sendmmsg+0x105/0x330 net/socket.c:2622
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __do_sys_sendmmsg net/socket.c:2651 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __se_sys_sendmmsg net/socket.c:2648 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __x64_sys_sendmmsg+0x24/0x30 net/socket.c:2648
    [<ffffffff84605fd5>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84605fd5>] do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84800087>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810c287e00 (size 256):
  comm "syz-executor105", pid 3600, jiffies 4294943292 (age 12.990s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff814cf9f0>] kmalloc_trace+0x20/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1046
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:576 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kmalloc_array include/linux/slab.h:627 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kcalloc include/linux/slab.h:659 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] tcf_exts_init include/net/pkt_cls.h:250 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] tcindex_set_parms+0xa7/0xbe0 net/sched/cls_tcindex.c:342
    [<ffffffff839caa1f>] tcindex_change+0xdf/0x120 net/sched/cls_tcindex.c:553
    [<ffffffff8394db62>] tc_new_tfilter+0x4f2/0x1100 net/sched/cls_api.c:2147
    [<ffffffff8389e91c>] rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x4dc/0x5d0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:6082
    [<ffffffff839eba67>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x87/0x1d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2540
    [<ffffffff839eab87>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1319 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839eab87>] netlink_unicast+0x397/0x4c0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1345
    [<ffffffff839eb046>] netlink_sendmsg+0x396/0x710 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1921
    [<ffffffff8383e796>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8383e796>] sock_sendmsg+0x56/0x80 net/socket.c:734
    [<ffffffff8383eb08>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x178/0x410 net/socket.c:2482
    [<ffffffff83843678>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2536
    [<ffffffff838439c5>] __sys_sendmmsg+0x105/0x330 net/socket.c:2622
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __do_sys_sendmmsg net/socket.c:2651 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __se_sys_sendmmsg net/socket.c:2648 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __x64_sys_sendmmsg+0x24/0x30 net/socket.c:2648
    [<ffffffff84605fd5>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84605fd5>] do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84800087>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810c1c6d00 (size 256):
  comm "syz-executor105", pid 3601, jiffies 4294943831 (age 7.600s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff814cf9f0>] kmalloc_trace+0x20/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1046
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:576 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kmalloc_array include/linux/slab.h:627 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] kcalloc include/linux/slab.h:659 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] tcf_exts_init include/net/pkt_cls.h:250 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839c9e07>] tcindex_set_parms+0xa7/0xbe0 net/sched/cls_tcindex.c:342
    [<ffffffff839caa1f>] tcindex_change+0xdf/0x120 net/sched/cls_tcindex.c:553
    [<ffffffff8394db62>] tc_new_tfilter+0x4f2/0x1100 net/sched/cls_api.c:2147
    [<ffffffff8389e91c>] rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x4dc/0x5d0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:6082
    [<ffffffff839eba67>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x87/0x1d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2540
    [<ffffffff839eab87>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1319 [inline]
    [<ffffffff839eab87>] netlink_unicast+0x397/0x4c0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1345
    [<ffffffff839eb046>] netlink_sendmsg+0x396/0x710 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1921
    [<ffffffff8383e796>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8383e796>] sock_sendmsg+0x56/0x80 net/socket.c:734
    [<ffffffff8383eb08>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x178/0x410 net/socket.c:2482
    [<ffffffff83843678>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2536
    [<ffffffff838439c5>] __sys_sendmmsg+0x105/0x330 net/socket.c:2622
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __do_sys_sendmmsg net/socket.c:2651 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __se_sys_sendmmsg net/socket.c:2648 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83843c14>] __x64_sys_sendmmsg+0x24/0x30 net/socket.c:2648
    [<ffffffff84605fd5>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84605fd5>] do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84800087>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches