Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Write in rtl_fw_do_work (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 07:49:11 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    b175d273 USB: legotower: fix logical error in recent commit
git tree:       https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb.git usb-testing
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=12ee7c87500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=d24ee9ecd7ce968e
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=65be4277f3c489293939
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

usb 5-1: Direct firmware load for rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw.bin failed with error -2
rtlwifi: Loading alternative firmware rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw.bin
rtlwifi: Selected firmware is not available
==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in rtl_fw_do_work.cold+0x68/0x6a drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/core.c:93
Write of size 4 at addr ffff8881454cff50 by task kworker/0:6/7379

CPU: 0 PID: 7379 Comm: kworker/0:6 Not tainted 5.10.0-rc7-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: events request_firmware_work_func
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x107/0x163 lib/dump_stack.c:118
 print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xae/0x4c8 mm/kasan/report.c:385
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:545 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0x1f/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:562
 rtl_fw_do_work.cold+0x68/0x6a drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/core.c:93
 request_firmware_work_func+0x12c/0x230 drivers/base/firmware_loader/main.c:1079
 process_one_work+0x933/0x1520 kernel/workqueue.c:2272
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2418
 kthread+0x38c/0x460 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:00000000f54435b3 refcount:0 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x1454cf
flags: 0x200000000000000()
raw: 0200000000000000 0000000000000000 ffffea00051533c8 0000000000000000
raw: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 00000000ffffffff 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff8881454cfe00: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
 ffff8881454cfe80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>ffff8881454cff00: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
                                                 ^
 ffff8881454cff80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
 ffff8881454d0000: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
==================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.