Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Read in sctp_outq_tail

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:04:27 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    d4104460aec1 Add linux-next specific files for 20190211
git tree:       linux-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14140124c00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=c8a112d3b0d6719b
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7823fa3f3e2d69341ea8
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in list_add_tail include/linux/list.h:93 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in sctp_outq_tail_data net/sctp/outqueue.c:105  
[inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in sctp_outq_tail+0x816/0x930  
net/sctp/outqueue.c:313
Read of size 8 at addr ffff88807b19a7b8 by task syz-executor.0/30745

CPU: 1 PID: 30745 Comm: syz-executor.0 Not tainted 5.0.0-rc5-next-20190211  
#32
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x172/0x1f0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  print_address_description.cold+0x7c/0x20d mm/kasan/report.c:187
  kasan_report.cold+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/report.c:317
  __asan_report_load8_noabort+0x14/0x20 mm/kasan/generic_report.c:132
  list_add_tail include/linux/list.h:93 [inline]
  sctp_outq_tail_data net/sctp/outqueue.c:105 [inline]
  sctp_outq_tail+0x816/0x930 net/sctp/outqueue.c:313
  sctp_cmd_send_msg net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1109 [inline]
  sctp_cmd_interpreter net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1784 [inline]
  sctp_side_effects net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1220 [inline]
  sctp_do_sm+0x68e/0x5380 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1191
  sctp_primitive_SEND+0xa0/0xd0 net/sctp/primitive.c:178
  sctp_sendmsg_to_asoc+0xa63/0x17b0 net/sctp/socket.c:1955
  sctp_sendmsg+0x10a9/0x17e0 net/sctp/socket.c:2113
  inet_sendmsg+0x147/0x5d0 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:798
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:621 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xdd/0x130 net/socket.c:631
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x806/0x930 net/socket.c:2136
  __sys_sendmsg+0x105/0x1d0 net/socket.c:2174
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2183 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2181 [inline]
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x78/0xb0 net/socket.c:2181
  do_syscall_64+0x103/0x610 arch/x86/entry/common.c:290
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x457e39
Code: ad b8 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 66 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7  
48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff  
ff 0f 83 7b b8 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007fa9b8630c78 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000457e39
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000140 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 000000000073bf00 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007fa9b86316d4
R13: 00000000004c4e2b R14: 00000000004d8ab8 R15: 00000000ffffffff

Allocated by task 30745:
  save_stack+0x45/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:75
  set_track mm/kasan/common.c:87 [inline]
  __kasan_kmalloc mm/kasan/common.c:498 [inline]
  __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xcf/0xe0 mm/kasan/common.c:471
  kasan_kmalloc+0x9/0x10 mm/kasan/common.c:506
  kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x151/0x760 mm/slab.c:3615
  kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:548 [inline]
  kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:743 [inline]
  sctp_stream_init_ext+0x51/0x110 net/sctp/stream.c:172
  sctp_sendmsg_to_asoc+0x1273/0x17b0 net/sctp/socket.c:1896
  sctp_sendmsg+0x10a9/0x17e0 net/sctp/socket.c:2113
  inet_sendmsg+0x147/0x5d0 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:798
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:621 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xdd/0x130 net/socket.c:631
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x806/0x930 net/socket.c:2136
  __sys_sendmsg+0x105/0x1d0 net/socket.c:2174
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2183 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2181 [inline]
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x78/0xb0 net/socket.c:2181
  do_syscall_64+0x103/0x610 arch/x86/entry/common.c:290
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe

Freed by task 30745:
  save_stack+0x45/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:75
  set_track mm/kasan/common.c:87 [inline]
  __kasan_slab_free+0x102/0x150 mm/kasan/common.c:460
  kasan_slab_free+0xe/0x10 mm/kasan/common.c:468
  __cache_free mm/slab.c:3491 [inline]
  kfree+0xcf/0x230 mm/slab.c:3816
  sctp_stream_outq_migrate+0x3e6/0x540 net/sctp/stream.c:88
  sctp_stream_init+0xbc/0x410 net/sctp/stream.c:139
  sctp_process_init+0x21c3/0x2b20 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:2466
  sctp_cmd_process_init net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:682 [inline]
  sctp_cmd_interpreter net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1410 [inline]
  sctp_side_effects net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1220 [inline]
  sctp_do_sm+0x3145/0x5380 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1191
  sctp_assoc_bh_rcv+0x343/0x660 net/sctp/associola.c:1074
  sctp_inq_push+0x1ea/0x290 net/sctp/inqueue.c:95
  sctp_backlog_rcv+0x196/0xbe0 net/sctp/input.c:354
  sk_backlog_rcv include/net/sock.h:937 [inline]
  __release_sock+0x12e/0x3a0 net/core/sock.c:2379
  release_sock+0x59/0x1c0 net/core/sock.c:2895
  sctp_wait_for_connect+0x316/0x540 net/sctp/socket.c:8998
  sctp_sendmsg_to_asoc+0x13e3/0x17b0 net/sctp/socket.c:1967
  sctp_sendmsg+0x10a9/0x17e0 net/sctp/socket.c:2113
  inet_sendmsg+0x147/0x5d0 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:798
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:621 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xdd/0x130 net/socket.c:631
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x806/0x930 net/socket.c:2136
  __sys_sendmsg+0x105/0x1d0 net/socket.c:2174
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2183 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2181 [inline]
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x78/0xb0 net/socket.c:2181
  do_syscall_64+0x103/0x610 arch/x86/entry/common.c:290
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff88807b19a780
  which belongs to the cache kmalloc-96 of size 96
The buggy address is located 56 bytes inside of
  96-byte region [ffff88807b19a780, ffff88807b19a7e0)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:ffffea0001ec6680 count:1 mapcount:0 mapping:ffff88812c3f04c0  
index:0xffff88807b19a800
flags: 0x1fffc0000000200(slab)
raw: 01fffc0000000200 ffffea000262acc8 ffffea0001448348 ffff88812c3f04c0
raw: ffff88807b19a800 ffff88807b19a000 000000010000001d 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
  ffff88807b19a680: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc
  ffff88807b19a700: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc
> ffff88807b19a780: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc
                                         ^
  ffff88807b19a800: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc
  ffff88807b19a880: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fc fc fc fc
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bug-status-tracking for how to communicate with  
syzbot.