Subject: [syzbot] [wireless?] KASAN: slab-use-after-free Read in is_dynamic_key

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 18:56:44 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    a6d9e3034536 Add linux-next specific files for 20230330
git tree:       linux-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15955acdc80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=aceb117f7924508e
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=c599a813ad1dab060558
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/ec1f900ea929/disk-a6d9e303.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/fabbf89c0d22/vmlinux-a6d9e303.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/1ed05d6192fa/bzImage-a6d9e303.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in is_dynamic_key.part.0+0x1de/0x1f0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:1264
Read of size 8 at addr ffff888035beeb60 by task kworker/u4:9/5292

CPU: 1 PID: 5292 Comm: kworker/u4:9 Not tainted 6.3.0-rc4-next-20230330-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 03/02/2023
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0xd9/0x150 lib/dump_stack.c:106
 print_address_description.constprop.0+0x2c/0x3c0 mm/kasan/report.c:351
 print_report mm/kasan/report.c:462 [inline]
 kasan_report+0x11c/0x130 mm/kasan/report.c:572
 is_dynamic_key.part.0+0x1de/0x1f0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:1264
 is_dynamic_key kernel/locking/lockdep.c:883 [inline]
 register_lock_class+0xbe3/0x1120 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:1297
 __lock_acquire+0x10a/0x5df0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:4951
 lock_acquire.part.0+0x11c/0x370 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:5691
 __flush_workqueue+0x118/0x13a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2925
 drain_workqueue+0x1c1/0x3e0 kernel/workqueue.c:3090
 destroy_workqueue+0xc8/0x8e0 kernel/workqueue.c:4558
 tipc_crypto_stop+0x4a4/0x510 net/tipc/crypto.c:1525
 tipc_exit_net+0x8c/0x110 net/tipc/core.c:119
 ops_exit_list+0xb0/0x170 net/core/net_namespace.c:170
 cleanup_net+0x4ee/0xb10 net/core/net_namespace.c:614
 process_one_work+0x99a/0x15e0 kernel/workqueue.c:2405
 worker_thread+0x67d/0x10c0 kernel/workqueue.c:2552
 kthread+0x33e/0x440 kernel/kthread.c:379
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:308
 </TASK>

Allocated by task 11762:
 kasan_save_stack+0x22/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:45
 kasan_set_track+0x25/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:52
 ____kasan_kmalloc mm/kasan/common.c:374 [inline]
 ____kasan_kmalloc mm/kasan/common.c:333 [inline]
 __kasan_kmalloc+0xa2/0xb0 mm/kasan/common.c:383
 kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:559 [inline]
 kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:680 [inline]
 class_register+0x55/0x530 drivers/base/class.c:165
 class_create+0x99/0x100 drivers/base/class.c:249
 init_usb_class drivers/usb/core/file.c:91 [inline]
 usb_register_dev+0x4e7/0x860 drivers/usb/core/file.c:179
 usblp_probe+0xc91/0x16d0 drivers/usb/class/usblp.c:1208
 usb_probe_interface+0x30f/0x960 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:396
 call_driver_probe drivers/base/dd.c:579 [inline]
 really_probe+0x240/0xca0 drivers/base/dd.c:658
 __driver_probe_device+0x1df/0x4d0 drivers/base/dd.c:795
 driver_probe_device+0x4c/0x1a0 drivers/base/dd.c:825
 __device_attach_driver+0x1d4/0x2e0 drivers/base/dd.c:953
 bus_for_each_drv+0x149/0x1d0 drivers/base/bus.c:457
 __device_attach+0x1e4/0x4b0 drivers/base/dd.c:1025
 bus_probe_device+0x17c/0x1c0 drivers/base/bus.c:532
 device_add+0x11c4/0x1c50 drivers/base/core.c:3616
 usb_set_configuration+0x10ee/0x1af0 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2171
 usb_generic_driver_probe+0xcf/0x130 drivers/usb/core/generic.c:238
 usb_probe_device+0xd8/0x2c0 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:293
 call_driver_probe drivers/base/dd.c:579 [inline]
 really_probe+0x240/0xca0 drivers/base/dd.c:658
 __driver_probe_device+0x1df/0x4d0 drivers/base/dd.c:795
 driver_probe_device+0x4c/0x1a0 drivers/base/dd.c:825
 __device_attach_driver+0x1d4/0x2e0 drivers/base/dd.c:953
 bus_for_each_drv+0x149/0x1d0 drivers/base/bus.c:457
 __device_attach+0x1e4/0x4b0 drivers/base/dd.c:1025
 bus_probe_device+0x17c/0x1c0 drivers/base/bus.c:532
 device_add+0x11c4/0x1c50 drivers/base/core.c:3616
 usb_new_device+0xcb2/0x19d0 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2575
 hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5407 [inline]
 hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5551 [inline]
 port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5711 [inline]
 hub_event+0x2d9e/0x4e40 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5793
 process_one_work+0x99a/0x15e0 kernel/workqueue.c:2405
 process_scheduled_works kernel/workqueue.c:2468 [inline]
 worker_thread+0x881/0x10c0 kernel/workqueue.c:2554
 kthread+0x33e/0x440 kernel/kthread.c:379
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:308

Freed by task 11762:
 kasan_save_stack+0x22/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:45
 kasan_set_track+0x25/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:52
 kasan_save_free_info+0x2e/0x40 mm/kasan/generic.c:521
 ____kasan_slab_free mm/kasan/common.c:236 [inline]
 ____kasan_slab_free+0x160/0x1c0 mm/kasan/common.c:200
 kasan_slab_free include/linux/kasan.h:162 [inline]
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1781 [inline]
 slab_free_freelist_hook+0x8b/0x1c0 mm/slub.c:1807
 slab_free mm/slub.c:3787 [inline]
 __kmem_cache_free+0xaf/0x2d0 mm/slub.c:3800
 kobject_cleanup lib/kobject.c:683 [inline]
 kobject_release lib/kobject.c:714 [inline]
 kref_put include/linux/kref.h:65 [inline]
 kobject_put+0x1c2/0x4d0 lib/kobject.c:731
 kset_unregister+0x64/0x80 lib/kobject.c:880
 class_destroy+0x3c/0x50 drivers/base/class.c:273
 release_usb_class drivers/usb/core/file.c:108 [inline]
 kref_put include/linux/kref.h:65 [inline]
 destroy_usb_class drivers/usb/core/file.c:116 [inline]
 usb_deregister_dev+0x274/0x320 drivers/usb/core/file.c:245
 usblp_disconnect+0x4a/0x330 drivers/usb/class/usblp.c:1396
 usb_unbind_interface+0x1dc/0x8e0 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:458
 device_remove drivers/base/dd.c:569 [inline]
 device_remove+0x11f/0x170 drivers/base/dd.c:561
 __device_release_driver drivers/base/dd.c:1267 [inline]
 device_release_driver_internal+0x443/0x610 drivers/base/dd.c:1290
 bus_remove_device+0x22c/0x420 drivers/base/bus.c:574
 device_del+0x48a/0xb80 drivers/base/core.c:3802
 usb_disable_device+0x35a/0x7b0 drivers/usb/core/message.c:1420
 usb_disconnect+0x2db/0x8a0 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2238
 hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5246 [inline]
 hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5551 [inline]
 port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5711 [inline]
 hub_event+0x1fbf/0x4e40 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5793
 process_one_work+0x99a/0x15e0 kernel/workqueue.c:2405
 worker_thread+0x67d/0x10c0 kernel/workqueue.c:2552
 kthread+0x33e/0x440 kernel/kthread.c:379
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:308

Last potentially related work creation:
 kasan_save_stack+0x22/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:45
 __kasan_record_aux_stack+0xbc/0xd0 mm/kasan/generic.c:491
 insert_work+0x48/0x360 kernel/workqueue.c:1365
 __queue_work+0x5c6/0xfb0 kernel/workqueue.c:1526
 queue_work_on+0xf2/0x110 kernel/workqueue.c:1554
 ops_exit_list+0xb0/0x170 net/core/net_namespace.c:170
 cleanup_net+0x4ee/0xb10 net/core/net_namespace.c:614
 process_one_work+0x99a/0x15e0 kernel/workqueue.c:2405
 worker_thread+0x67d/0x10c0 kernel/workqueue.c:2552
 kthread+0x33e/0x440 kernel/kthread.c:379
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:308

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff888035bee800
 which belongs to the cache kmalloc-1k of size 1024
The buggy address is located 864 bytes inside of
 freed 1024-byte region [ffff888035bee800, ffff888035beec00)

The buggy address belongs to the physical page:
page:ffffea0000d6fa00 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0xffff888035bec800 pfn:0x35be8
head:ffffea0000d6fa00 order:3 entire_mapcount:0 nr_pages_mapped:0 pincount:0
flags: 0xfff00000010200(slab|head|node=0|zone=1|lastcpupid=0x7ff)
page_type: 0xffffffff()
raw: 00fff00000010200 ffff888012441dc0 ffffea0000d29810 ffffea00005faa10
raw: ffff888035bec800 000000000010000c 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
page_owner tracks the page as allocated
page last allocated via order 3, migratetype Unmovable, gfp_mask 0x1d20c0(__GFP_IO|__GFP_FS|__GFP_NOWARN|__GFP_NORETRY|__GFP_COMP|__GFP_NOMEMALLOC|__GFP_HARDWALL), pid 11694, tgid 11684 (syz-executor.2), ts 1151559040316, free_ts 1151272040314
 prep_new_page mm/page_alloc.c:1729 [inline]
 get_page_from_freelist+0xf75/0x2aa0 mm/page_alloc.c:3493
 __alloc_pages+0x1cb/0x4a0 mm/page_alloc.c:4759
 alloc_pages+0x1aa/0x270 mm/mempolicy.c:2283
 alloc_slab_page mm/slub.c:1851 [inline]
 allocate_slab+0x28e/0x380 mm/slub.c:1998
 new_slab mm/slub.c:2051 [inline]
 ___slab_alloc+0xa91/0x1400 mm/slub.c:3193
 __slab_alloc.constprop.0+0x56/0xa0 mm/slub.c:3292
 __slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3345 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3442 [inline]
 __kmem_cache_alloc_node+0x136/0x320 mm/slub.c:3491
 kmalloc_trace+0x26/0xe0 mm/slab_common.c:1057
 kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:559 [inline]
 kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:680 [inline]
 ip_vs_est_add_kthread+0x1bd/0x820 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_est.c:327
 ip_vs_start_estimator+0x244/0x420 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_est.c:499
 ip_vs_control_net_init_sysctl net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c:4380 [inline]
 ip_vs_control_net_init+0x1426/0x19f0 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c:4466
 __ip_vs_init+0x21f/0x530 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_core.c:2310
 ops_init+0xb9/0x6b0 net/core/net_namespace.c:136
 setup_net+0x5d1/0xc50 net/core/net_namespace.c:339
 copy_net_ns+0x4ee/0x8e0 net/core/net_namespace.c:491
 create_new_namespaces+0x3f6/0xb20 kernel/nsproxy.c:110
page last free stack trace:
 reset_page_owner include/linux/page_owner.h:24 [inline]
 free_pages_prepare mm/page_alloc.c:1302 [inline]
 free_unref_page_prepare+0x4d8/0xb80 mm/page_alloc.c:2555
 free_unref_page+0x33/0x370 mm/page_alloc.c:2650
 __unfreeze_partials+0x17c/0x1a0 mm/slub.c:2637
 qlink_free mm/kasan/quarantine.c:166 [inline]
 qlist_free_all+0x6a/0x170 mm/kasan/quarantine.c:185
 kasan_quarantine_reduce+0x195/0x220 mm/kasan/quarantine.c:292
 __kasan_slab_alloc+0x63/0x90 mm/kasan/common.c:305
 kasan_slab_alloc include/linux/kasan.h:186 [inline]
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:711 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3452 [inline]
 slab_alloc mm/slub.c:3460 [inline]
 __kmem_cache_alloc_lru mm/slub.c:3467 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc+0x17c/0x3b0 mm/slub.c:3476
 getname_flags.part.0+0x50/0x4f0 fs/namei.c:140
 getname_flags+0x9e/0xe0 include/linux/audit.h:321
 getname fs/namei.c:219 [inline]
 __do_sys_symlinkat fs/namei.c:4440 [inline]
 __se_sys_symlinkat fs/namei.c:4437 [inline]
 __x64_sys_symlinkat+0x7b/0xc0 fs/namei.c:4437
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff888035beea00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff888035beea80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>ffff888035beeb00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                                       ^
 ffff888035beeb80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff888035beec00: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
==================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.