Subject: WARNING: ODEBUG bug in rsi_probe

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:56:06 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    9a33b369 usb-fuzzer: main usb gadget fuzzer driver
git tree:       https://github.com/google/kasan/tree/usb-fuzzer
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=163713bb200000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=23e37f59d94ddd15
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=1d1597a5aa3679c65b9f
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=11ab7cd3200000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

rsi_91x: rsi_load_firmware: REGOUT read failed
rsi_91x: rsi_hal_device_init: Failed to load TA instructions
rsi_91x: rsi_probe: Failed in device init
------------[ cut here ]------------
ODEBUG: free active (active state 0) object type: timer_list hint:  
bl_cmd_timeout+0x0/0x50 drivers/net/wireless/rsi/rsi_91x_hal.c:577
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 5 at lib/debugobjects.c:325  
debug_print_object+0x162/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:325
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 0 PID: 5 Comm: kworker/0:0 Not tainted 5.1.0-rc4-319354-g9a33b36 #3
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: usb_hub_wq hub_event
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0xe8/0x16e lib/dump_stack.c:113
  panic+0x29d/0x5f2 kernel/panic.c:214
  __warn.cold+0x20/0x48 kernel/panic.c:571
  report_bug+0x262/0x2a0 lib/bug.c:186
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:179 [inline]
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:174 [inline]
  do_error_trap+0x130/0x1f0 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:272
  do_invalid_op+0x37/0x40 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:291
  invalid_op+0x14/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:973
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object+0x162/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:325
Code: dd e0 a1 b3 8e 48 89 fa 48 c1 ea 03 80 3c 02 00 0f 85 bf 00 00 00 48  
8b 14 dd e0 a1 b3 8e 48 c7 c7 60 96 b3 8e e8 8e 93 d2 fd <0f> 0b 83 05 e9  
d6 59 10 01 48 83 c4 20 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d c3 48 89
RSP: 0018:ffff8880a846f110 EFLAGS: 00010086
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ffffffff815b1e42 RDI: ffffed101508de14
RBP: 0000000000000001 R08: ffff8880a8444980 R09: ffffed1015a03edb
R10: ffffed1015a03eda R11: ffff8880ad01f6d7 R12: ffffffff917e7780
R13: ffffffff8161ec90 R14: ffffffff96d67928 R15: ffff88809927f060
  __debug_check_no_obj_freed lib/debugobjects.c:785 [inline]
  debug_check_no_obj_freed+0x2a3/0x42e lib/debugobjects.c:817
  slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1426 [inline]
  slab_free_freelist_hook+0xfb/0x140 mm/slub.c:1456
  slab_free mm/slub.c:3003 [inline]
  kfree+0xce/0x290 mm/slub.c:3958
  rsi_probe+0xdf3/0x140d drivers/net/wireless/rsi/rsi_91x_sdio.c:1178
  usb_probe_interface+0x31d/0x820 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:361
  really_probe+0x2da/0xb10 drivers/base/dd.c:509
  driver_probe_device+0x21d/0x350 drivers/base/dd.c:671
  __device_attach_driver+0x1d8/0x290 drivers/base/dd.c:778
  bus_for_each_drv+0x163/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:454
  __device_attach+0x223/0x3a0 drivers/base/dd.c:844
  bus_probe_device+0x1f1/0x2a0 drivers/base/bus.c:514
  device_add+0xad2/0x16e0 drivers/base/core.c:2106
  usb_set_configuration+0xdf7/0x1740 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2021
  generic_probe+0xa2/0xda drivers/usb/core/generic.c:210
  usb_probe_device+0xc0/0x150 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:266
  really_probe+0x2da/0xb10 drivers/base/dd.c:509
  driver_probe_device+0x21d/0x350 drivers/base/dd.c:671
  __device_attach_driver+0x1d8/0x290 drivers/base/dd.c:778
  bus_for_each_drv+0x163/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:454
  __device_attach+0x223/0x3a0 drivers/base/dd.c:844
  bus_probe_device+0x1f1/0x2a0 drivers/base/bus.c:514
  device_add+0xad2/0x16e0 drivers/base/core.c:2106
  usb_new_device.cold+0x537/0xccf drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2534
  hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5089 [inline]
  hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5204 [inline]
  port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5350 [inline]
  hub_event+0x138e/0x3b00 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5432
  process_one_work+0x90f/0x1580 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
  worker_thread+0x9b/0xe20 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
  kthread+0x313/0x420 kernel/kthread.c:253
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:352

======================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches