Subject: Re: WARNING in __cfg80211_ibss_joined (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 08:37:09 -0800

syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    7059c2c0 Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=11a1199b500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e49433cfed49b7d9
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7f064ba1704c2466e36d
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=146ff2ef500000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=105d68df500000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 9804 at net/wireless/ibss.c:36 __cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x487/0x520 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 9804 Comm: kworker/u4:6 Not tainted 5.10.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: cfg80211 cfg80211_event_work
RIP: 0010:__cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x487/0x520 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Code: 0f 0b e9 0c fe ff ff e8 b7 55 7a f9 e9 41 fc ff ff e8 8d 55 7a f9 e9 7d fc ff ff e8 a3 55 7a f9 e9 0d ff ff ff e8 29 d7 38 f9 <0f> 0b e9 7e fc ff ff e8 1d d7 38 f9 0f 0b e8 96 55 7a f9 e9 e4 fb
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000a85fbd8 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff888014edcc10 RCX: ffffffff8155a937
RDX: ffff88802295b480 RSI: ffffffff88372d57 RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: ffff888014edc000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffffffff8ebaf6bf
R10: fffffbfff1d75ed7 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 1ffff9200150bf7d
R13: ffff88803471e818 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000006
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880b9f00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000000020e0a000 CR3: 0000000025d73000 CR4: 0000000000350ee0
Call Trace:
 cfg80211_process_wdev_events+0x3de/0x5b0 net/wireless/util.c:942
 cfg80211_process_rdev_events+0x6e/0x100 net/wireless/util.c:968
 cfg80211_event_work+0x1a/0x20 net/wireless/core.c:322
 process_one_work+0x933/0x15a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2272
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2418
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296