Subject: BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at crypto/skcipher.c:LINE

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 04:26:04 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    e0a092eb Merge branch 'smc-next'
git tree:       net-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=139878f3200000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=94c460c3e4cd188a
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6f72c20560060c98b566
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at crypto/skcipher.c:477
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 12, name: kworker/0:1
2 locks held by kworker/0:1/12:
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at: __write_once_size  
include/linux/compiler.h:220 [inline]
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at: arch_atomic64_set  
arch/x86/include/asm/atomic64_64.h:34 [inline]
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at: atomic64_set  
include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:855 [inline]
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at: atomic_long_set  
include/asm-generic/atomic-long.h:40 [inline]
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at: set_work_data  
kernel/workqueue.c:619 [inline]
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at:  
set_work_pool_and_clear_pending kernel/workqueue.c:646 [inline]
  #0: 000000000864d9ff ((wq_completion)crypto){+.+.}, at:  
process_one_work+0x87e/0x1790 kernel/workqueue.c:2240
  #1: 000000008b3d6218 ((work_completion)(&cpu_queue->work)){+.+.}, at:  
process_one_work+0x8b4/0x1790 kernel/workqueue.c:2244
Preemption disabled at:
[<ffffffff830d4130>] local_bh_disable include/linux/bottom_half.h:19  
[inline]
[<ffffffff830d4130>] cryptd_skcipher_complete+0x90/0x170 crypto/cryptd.c:471
CPU: 0 PID: 12 Comm: kworker/0:1 Not tainted 5.1.0-rc4+ #135
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: crypto cryptd_queue_worker
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x172/0x1f0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  ___might_sleep.cold+0x1bd/0x1f6 kernel/sched/core.c:6190
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6143
  skcipher_walk_virt+0x11e/0x150 crypto/skcipher.c:477
  xor_tweak+0x146/0x350 crypto/xts.c:105
  xor_tweak_post crypto/xts.c:133 [inline]
  crypt_done+0x87/0xa0 crypto/xts.c:141
  cryptd_skcipher_complete+0xbf/0x170 crypto/cryptd.c:472
  cryptd_skcipher_decrypt+0x2f7/0x420 crypto/cryptd.c:532
  cryptd_queue_worker+0x126/0x1f0 crypto/cryptd.c:193
  process_one_work+0x98e/0x1790 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
  worker_thread+0x98/0xe40 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
  kthread+0x357/0x430 kernel/kthread.c:253
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:352

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.