Subject: [syzbot] WARNING in ieee80211_link_info_change_notify

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 10:07:21 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    ac0ba5454ca8 Add linux-next specific files for 20220622
git tree:       linux-next
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14d4f08ff00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=12809dacb9e7c5e0
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=bce2ca140cc00578ed07
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1502ddf8080000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=17e8c0a8080000

Bisection is inconclusive: the issue happens on the oldest tested release.

bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=158ee238080000
final oops:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=178ee238080000
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=138ee238080000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
wlan1: Failed check-sdata-in-driver check, flags: 0x4
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3613 at net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:189 drv_link_info_changed net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:189 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3613 at net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:189 ieee80211_link_info_change_notify+0x63a/0x730 net/mac80211/main.c:284
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 3613 Comm: syz-executor275 Not tainted 5.19.0-rc3-next-20220622-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:drv_link_info_changed net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:189 [inline]
RIP: 0010:ieee80211_link_info_change_notify+0x63a/0x730 net/mac80211/main.c:284
Code: ab e8 08 00 00 48 85 ed 0f 84 a3 00 00 00 e8 2d ac b8 f8 e8 28 ac b8 f8 8b 14 24 48 89 ee 48 c7 c7 60 e8 f3 8a e8 2a db 74 00 <0f> 0b e9 30 fb ff ff e8 0a ac b8 f8 e8 c5 e3 b9 00 31 ff 41 89 c6
RSP: 0018:ffffc90002f2f520 EFLAGS: 00010286
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff88807cc94c80 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff88801e921d40 RSI: ffffffff81610778 RDI: fffff520005e5e96
RBP: ffff88807cc94000 R08: 0000000000000005 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000080000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: 0000000002000000
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: ffff88807c4e0de0
FS:  00005555556e0300(0000) GS:ffff8880b9b00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000000000640940 CR3: 000000007c22d000 CR4: 00000000003506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 ieee80211_set_mcast_rate+0x39/0x40 net/mac80211/cfg.c:2716
 rdev_set_mcast_rate net/wireless/rdev-ops.h:1222 [inline]
 nl80211_set_mcast_rate+0x317/0x610 net/wireless/nl80211.c:11044
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit+0x228/0x320 net/netlink/genetlink.c:731
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:775 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x328/0x580 net/netlink/genetlink.c:792
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2501
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:803
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1319 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x543/0x7f0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1345
 netlink_sendmsg+0x917/0xe10 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1921
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:734
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6eb/0x810 net/socket.c:2489
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2543
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2572 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2581 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2579 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x132/0x220 net/socket.c:2579
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x46/0xb0
RIP: 0033:0x7f98d742d269
Code: 28 00 00 00 75 05 48 83 c4 28 c3 e8 41 15 00 00 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 c0 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007fff75c2ca58 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 00007f98d742d269
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000280 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000c00000000 R09: 0000000c00000000
R10: 0000000c00000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000031
R13: 00007fff75c2cac0 R14: 00007fff75c2cab0 R15: 00007f98d74a6410
 </TASK>

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches