Subject: Re: KMSAN: uninit-value in strstr

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 14:43:19 -0700

syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    93f54a72 instrumented.h: fix KMSAN support
git tree:       https://github.com/google/kmsan.git master
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15692a74900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=c534a9fad6323722
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=a73d24a22eeeebe5f244
compiler:       clang version 10.0.0 (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/ c2443155a0fb245c8f17f2c1c72b6ea391e86e81)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=15f4b9df100000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=14dd9d8c900000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

=====================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in strlen lib/string.c:552 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in strstr+0xfe/0x2e0 lib/string.c:991
CPU: 0 PID: 8431 Comm: syz-executor953 Not tainted 5.8.0-rc5-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x1df/0x240 lib/dump_stack.c:118
 kmsan_report+0xf7/0x1e0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_report.c:121
 __msan_warning+0x58/0xa0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:215
 strlen lib/string.c:552 [inline]
 strstr+0xfe/0x2e0 lib/string.c:991
 tipc_nl_node_reset_link_stats+0x434/0xa90 net/tipc/node.c:2504
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit net/netlink/genetlink.c:669 [inline]
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:714 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x1592/0x1740 net/netlink/genetlink.c:731
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x451/0x650 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2469
 genl_rcv+0x63/0x80 net/netlink/genetlink.c:742
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1303 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0xf9e/0x1100 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1329
 netlink_sendmsg+0x1246/0x14d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1918
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:672 [inline]
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x1370/0x1400 net/socket.c:2352
 ___sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2406 [inline]
 __sys_sendmsg+0x623/0x750 net/socket.c:2439
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2448 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg+0x97/0xb0 net/socket.c:2446
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x4a/0x70 net/socket.c:2446
 do_syscall_64+0xb0/0x150 arch/x86/entry/common.c:386
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x444249
Code: Bad RIP value.
RSP: 002b:00007ffe249b7e28 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004002e0 RCX: 0000000000444249
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000140 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000006ce018 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 00000000004002e0
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000401e70
R13: 0000000000401f00 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000

Uninit was created at:
 kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:144 [inline]
 kmsan_internal_poison_shadow+0x66/0xd0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:127
 kmsan_slab_alloc+0x8a/0xe0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_hooks.c:80
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2839 [inline]
 __kmalloc_node_track_caller+0xb40/0x1200 mm/slub.c:4478
 __kmalloc_reserve net/core/skbuff.c:142 [inline]
 __alloc_skb+0x2fd/0xac0 net/core/skbuff.c:210
 alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1083 [inline]
 netlink_alloc_large_skb net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1175 [inline]
 netlink_sendmsg+0x7d3/0x14d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1893
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:672 [inline]
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x1370/0x1400 net/socket.c:2352
 ___sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2406 [inline]
 __sys_sendmsg+0x623/0x750 net/socket.c:2439
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2448 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg+0x97/0xb0 net/socket.c:2446
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x4a/0x70 net/socket.c:2446
 do_syscall_64+0xb0/0x150 arch/x86/entry/common.c:386
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
=====================================================