Subject: [syzbot] KASAN: vmalloc-out-of-bounds Read in __bpf_prog_put

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 08:35:23 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    ce83278f313c Merge branch 'qed-enhancements'
git tree:       net-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=11c8ce3ab00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=b5949d4891208a1b
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=5027de09e0964fd78ce1
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: vmalloc-out-of-bounds in __bpf_prog_put.constprop.0+0x1dd/0x220 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:1812
Read of size 8 at addr ffffc90000cf2038 by task kworker/0:24/16179

CPU: 0 PID: 16179 Comm: kworker/0:24 Not tainted 5.16.0-rc3-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: events sk_psock_destroy
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0xcd/0x134 lib/dump_stack.c:106
 print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xf/0x320 mm/kasan/report.c:247
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:433 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0x83/0xdf mm/kasan/report.c:450
 __bpf_prog_put.constprop.0+0x1dd/0x220 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:1812
 psock_set_prog include/linux/skmsg.h:477 [inline]
 psock_progs_drop include/linux/skmsg.h:495 [inline]
 sk_psock_destroy+0xad/0x620 net/core/skmsg.c:804
 process_one_work+0x9b2/0x1690 kernel/workqueue.c:2298
 worker_thread+0x658/0x11f0 kernel/workqueue.c:2445
 kthread+0x405/0x4f0 kernel/kthread.c:327
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:295
 </TASK>

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffffc90000cf1f00: f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8
 ffffc90000cf1f80: f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8
>ffffc90000cf2000: f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8
                                        ^
 ffffc90000cf2080: f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8
 ffffc90000cf2100: f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8
==================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.