Subject: [syzbot] [wireless?] memory leak in hwsim_new_radio_nl

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 13:34:47 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    105131df9c3b Merge tag 'dt-fixes-6.4' of git://git.kernel...
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1193dc92280000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=fa9562c0bfb72fa2
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=904ce6fbb38532d9795c
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=10b4577c280000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=14a9e29e280000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/029c9c553eb9/disk-105131df.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/c807843227d1/vmlinux-105131df.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/dfce3441d47b/bzImage-105131df.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

Warning: Permanently added '10.128.1.177' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
executing program
executing program
BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810e2ac920 (size 32):
  comm "syz-executor238", pid 4983, jiffies 4294944120 (age 14.000s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff815458a4>] kmalloc_trace+0x24/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1057
    [<ffffffff830fc4fb>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:559 [inline]
    [<ffffffff830fc4fb>] hwsim_new_radio_nl+0x43b/0x660 drivers/net/wireless/virtual/mac80211_hwsim.c:5962
    [<ffffffff83f4aa6e>] genl_family_rcv_msg_doit.isra.0+0xee/0x150 net/netlink/genetlink.c:968
    [<ffffffff83f4ada7>] genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:1048 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83f4ada7>] genl_rcv_msg+0x2d7/0x430 net/netlink/genetlink.c:1065
    [<ffffffff83f49111>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x91/0x1e0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2546
    [<ffffffff83f4a118>] genl_rcv+0x28/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:1076
    [<ffffffff83f4805b>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1339 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83f4805b>] netlink_unicast+0x39b/0x4d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1365
    [<ffffffff83f4852a>] netlink_sendmsg+0x39a/0x720 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1913
    [<ffffffff83db5258>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:724 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83db5258>] sock_sendmsg+0x58/0xb0 net/socket.c:747
    [<ffffffff83db5817>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x397/0x430 net/socket.c:2503
    [<ffffffff83db9e08>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2557
    [<ffffffff83db9fac>] __sys_sendmsg+0x8c/0x100 net/socket.c:2586
    [<ffffffff84a127b9>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84a127b9>] do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84c0008b>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810e2ac800 (size 32):
  comm "syz-executor238", pid 4984, jiffies 4294944700 (age 8.200s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff815458a4>] kmalloc_trace+0x24/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1057
    [<ffffffff830fc4fb>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:559 [inline]
    [<ffffffff830fc4fb>] hwsim_new_radio_nl+0x43b/0x660 drivers/net/wireless/virtual/mac80211_hwsim.c:5962
    [<ffffffff83f4aa6e>] genl_family_rcv_msg_doit.isra.0+0xee/0x150 net/netlink/genetlink.c:968
    [<ffffffff83f4ada7>] genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:1048 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83f4ada7>] genl_rcv_msg+0x2d7/0x430 net/netlink/genetlink.c:1065
    [<ffffffff83f49111>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x91/0x1e0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2546
    [<ffffffff83f4a118>] genl_rcv+0x28/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:1076
    [<ffffffff83f4805b>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1339 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83f4805b>] netlink_unicast+0x39b/0x4d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1365
    [<ffffffff83f4852a>] netlink_sendmsg+0x39a/0x720 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1913
    [<ffffffff83db5258>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:724 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83db5258>] sock_sendmsg+0x58/0xb0 net/socket.c:747
    [<ffffffff83db5817>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x397/0x430 net/socket.c:2503
    [<ffffffff83db9e08>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2557
    [<ffffffff83db9fac>] __sys_sendmsg+0x8c/0x100 net/socket.c:2586
    [<ffffffff84a127b9>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84a127b9>] do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84c0008b>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the bug is already fixed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to change bug's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the bug is a duplicate of another bug, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup