Subject: KMSAN: kernel-infoleak in sctp_getsockopt (3)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 09:25:06 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    c10a026b kmsan: use __free_pages() in kmsan_iounmap_page_r..
git tree:       kmsan
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=107d3c7d200000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=a5675814e8eae69e
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=86b5c7c236a22616a72f
compiler:       clang version 8.0.0 (trunk 350509)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1252834d200000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth1_to_hsr: link becomes ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): hsr_slave_1: link becomes ready
8021q: adding VLAN 0 to HW filter on device batadv0
8021q: adding VLAN 0 to HW filter on device batadv0
==================================================================
BUG: KMSAN: kernel-infoleak in _copy_to_user+0x16b/0x1f0 lib/usercopy.c:32
CPU: 0 PID: 10131 Comm: syz-executor.4 Not tainted 5.0.0+ #16
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x173/0x1d0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  kmsan_report+0x131/0x2a0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:636
  kmsan_internal_check_memory+0xaa1/0xbb0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:730
  kmsan_copy_to_user+0xab/0xc0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_hooks.c:485
  _copy_to_user+0x16b/0x1f0 lib/usercopy.c:32
  copy_to_user include/linux/uaccess.h:174 [inline]
  sctp_getsockopt_peer_addrs net/sctp/socket.c:5911 [inline]
  sctp_getsockopt+0x1668e/0x17f70 net/sctp/socket.c:7562
  sock_common_getsockopt+0x13f/0x180 net/core/sock.c:2950
  __sys_getsockopt+0x489/0x550 net/socket.c:1938
  __do_sys_getsockopt net/socket.c:1949 [inline]
  __se_sys_getsockopt+0xe1/0x100 net/socket.c:1946
  __x64_sys_getsockopt+0x62/0x80 net/socket.c:1946
  do_syscall_64+0xbc/0xf0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:291
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xe7
RIP: 0033:0x458209
Code: ad b8 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 66 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7  
48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff  
ff 0f 83 7b b8 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007fdbef191c78 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000037
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000005 RCX: 0000000000458209
RDX: 000000000000006c RSI: 0000000000000084 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 000000000073bf00 R08: 0000000020000300 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000020000280 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007fdbef1926d4
R13: 00000000004c96c8 R14: 00000000004d0310 R15: 00000000ffffffff

Uninit was stored to memory at:
  kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:205 [inline]
  kmsan_save_stack mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:220 [inline]
  kmsan_internal_chain_origin+0x134/0x230 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:426
  kmsan_memcpy_memmove_metadata+0xb5b/0xfe0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:304
  kmsan_memcpy_metadata+0xb/0x10 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:324
  __msan_memcpy+0x58/0x70 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:139
  sctp_getsockopt_peer_addrs net/sctp/socket.c:5906 [inline]
  sctp_getsockopt+0x16556/0x17f70 net/sctp/socket.c:7562
  sock_common_getsockopt+0x13f/0x180 net/core/sock.c:2950
  __sys_getsockopt+0x489/0x550 net/socket.c:1938
  __do_sys_getsockopt net/socket.c:1949 [inline]
  __se_sys_getsockopt+0xe1/0x100 net/socket.c:1946
  __x64_sys_getsockopt+0x62/0x80 net/socket.c:1946
  do_syscall_64+0xbc/0xf0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:291
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xe7

Uninit was stored to memory at:
  kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:205 [inline]
  kmsan_save_stack mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:220 [inline]
  kmsan_internal_chain_origin+0x134/0x230 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:426
  kmsan_memcpy_memmove_metadata+0xb5b/0xfe0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:304
  kmsan_memcpy_metadata+0xb/0x10 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:324
  __msan_memcpy+0x58/0x70 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:139
  sctp_transport_init net/sctp/transport.c:61 [inline]
  sctp_transport_new+0x16d/0x9a0 net/sctp/transport.c:115
  sctp_assoc_add_peer+0x532/0x1f70 net/sctp/associola.c:637
  sctp_process_param net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:2548 [inline]
  sctp_process_init+0x1a1b/0x3ed0 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:2361
  sctp_cmd_process_init net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:682 [inline]
  sctp_cmd_interpreter net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1410 [inline]
  sctp_side_effects net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1220 [inline]
  sctp_do_sm+0x3cfc/0x9af0 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1191
  sctp_assoc_bh_rcv+0x65a/0xd80 net/sctp/associola.c:1074
  sctp_inq_push+0x300/0x420 net/sctp/inqueue.c:95
  sctp_backlog_rcv+0x20a/0xaf0 net/sctp/input.c:354
  sk_backlog_rcv include/net/sock.h:936 [inline]
  __release_sock+0x281/0x5f0 net/core/sock.c:2284
  release_sock+0x99/0x2a0 net/core/sock.c:2800
  sctp_wait_for_connect+0x3ee/0x860 net/sctp/socket.c:8751
  sctp_sendmsg_to_asoc+0x2167/0x21a0 net/sctp/socket.c:1967
  sctp_sendmsg+0x3fd7/0x6700 net/sctp/socket.c:2113
  inet_sendmsg+0x54a/0x720 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:798
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:622 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:632 [inline]
  ___sys_sendmsg+0xdb9/0x11b0 net/socket.c:2115
  __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2153 [inline]
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2162 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg+0x305/0x460 net/socket.c:2160
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x4a/0x70 net/socket.c:2160
  do_syscall_64+0xbc/0xf0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:291
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xe7

Local variable description: ----addr.i@sctp_process_init
Variable was created at:
  sctp_process_init+0xb5/0x3ed0 net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:2324
  sctp_cmd_process_init net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:682 [inline]
  sctp_cmd_interpreter net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1410 [inline]
  sctp_side_effects net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1220 [inline]
  sctp_do_sm+0x3cfc/0x9af0 net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c:1191

Bytes 8-15 of 16 are uninitialized
Memory access of size 16 starts at ffff88809511fc28
Data copied to user address 0000000020000298
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches