Subject: [syzbot] INFO: trying to register non-static key in ieee80211_do_stop

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 05:08:25 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    b11e5f6a3a5c net: sunhme: output link status with a single..
git tree:       net
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=108ed862080000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=fa95f12403a2e0d2
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=eceab52db7c4b961e9d6
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=173a7c78080000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1102749a080000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

INFO: trying to register non-static key.
The code is fine but needs lockdep annotation, or maybe
you didn't initialize this object before use?
turning off the locking correctness validator.
CPU: 0 PID: 3615 Comm: syz-executor630 Not tainted 5.19.0-rc5-syzkaller-00263-gb11e5f6a3a5c #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 06/29/2022
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0xcd/0x134 lib/dump_stack.c:106
 assign_lock_key kernel/locking/lockdep.c:979 [inline]
 register_lock_class+0xf30/0x1130 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:1292
 __lock_acquire+0x10a/0x5660 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:4932
 lock_acquire kernel/locking/lockdep.c:5665 [inline]
 lock_acquire+0x1ab/0x570 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:5630
 __raw_spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock_api_smp.h:126 [inline]
 _raw_spin_lock_bh+0x2f/0x40 kernel/locking/spinlock.c:178
 spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:354 [inline]
 ieee80211_do_stop+0xc3/0x1ff0 net/mac80211/iface.c:380
 ieee80211_runtime_change_iftype net/mac80211/iface.c:1789 [inline]
 ieee80211_if_change_type+0x383/0x840 net/mac80211/iface.c:1827
 ieee80211_change_iface+0x57/0x3f0 net/mac80211/cfg.c:190
 rdev_change_virtual_intf net/wireless/rdev-ops.h:69 [inline]
 cfg80211_change_iface+0x5e1/0xf10 net/wireless/util.c:1078
 nl80211_set_interface+0x64f/0x8c0 net/wireless/nl80211.c:4041
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit+0x228/0x320 net/netlink/genetlink.c:731
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:775 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x328/0x580 net/netlink/genetlink.c:792
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2501
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:803
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1319 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x543/0x7f0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1345
 netlink_sendmsg+0x917/0xe10 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1921
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:734
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6eb/0x810 net/socket.c:2488
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2542
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2571 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2580 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2578 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x132/0x220 net/socket.c:2578
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x46/0xb0
RIP: 0033:0x7f5bf1b37b89
Code: 28 c3 e8 5a 14 00 00 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 c0 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007ffd682b8a38 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches