Subject: Re: BUG: corrupted list in remove_wait_queue

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 05:32:01 -0700

syzbot has found reproducer for the following crash on upstream commit
99fec39e7725d091c94d1bb0242e40c8092994f6 (Fri Mar 23 22:34:18 2018 +0000)
Merge tag 'trace-v4.16-rc4' of  
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/linux-trace
syzbot dashboard link:  
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=c0272972b01b872e604a

So far this crash happened 4 times on upstream.
C reproducer is attached.
syzkaller reproducer is attached.
Raw console output is attached.
.config is attached.
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed.

list_del corruption, 0000000054a89bb5->next is LIST_POISON1  
(00000000a63e4a19)
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at lib/list_debug.c:47!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP KASAN
Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 4851 Comm: syzkaller762396 Not tainted 4.16.0-rc6+ #364
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:__list_del_entry_valid+0xd3/0x150 lib/list_debug.c:45
RSP: 0018:ffff8801d3ff71b8 EFLAGS: 00010086
RAX: 000000000000004e RBX: dead000000000200 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 000000000000004e RSI: 1ffff1003a7fedec RDI: ffffed003a7fee2b
RBP: ffff8801d3ff71d0 R08: ffff8801db227fc0 R09: 1ffff1003a7fed93
R10: ffff8801d3ff7090 R11: 0000000000000002 R12: dead000000000100
R13: ffff8801b6a2d458 R14: ffff8801b6a2d460 R15: ffff8801d27d1780
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8801db200000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000000002001d000 CR3: 0000000006e22002 CR4: 00000000001606f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
  __list_del_entry include/linux/list.h:117 [inline]
  list_del include/linux/list.h:125 [inline]
  __remove_wait_queue include/linux/wait.h:184 [inline]
  remove_wait_queue+0x90/0x350 kernel/sched/wait.c:51
  vhost_poll_stop+0x46/0x90 drivers/vhost/vhost.c:229
  vhost_net_disable_vq drivers/vhost/net.c:405 [inline]
  vhost_net_stop_vq+0x90/0x120 drivers/vhost/net.c:973
  vhost_net_stop drivers/vhost/net.c:984 [inline]
  vhost_net_release+0x49/0x190 drivers/vhost/net.c:1017
  __fput+0x327/0x7e0 fs/file_table.c:209
  ____fput+0x15/0x20 fs/file_table.c:243
  task_work_run+0x199/0x270 kernel/task_work.c:113
  exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:22 [inline]
  do_exit+0x9bb/0x1ad0 kernel/exit.c:865
  do_group_exit+0x149/0x400 kernel/exit.c:968
  get_signal+0x73a/0x16d0 kernel/signal.c:2469
  do_signal+0x90/0x1e90 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:809
  exit_to_usermode_loop+0x258/0x2f0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:162
  prepare_exit_to_usermode arch/x86/entry/common.c:196 [inline]
  syscall_return_slowpath arch/x86/entry/common.c:265 [inline]
  do_syscall_64+0x6ec/0x940 arch/x86/entry/common.c:292
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x42/0xb7
RIP: 0033:0x44a8e9
RSP: 002b:00007f7ec8480da8 EFLAGS: 00000293 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000010
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 00000000006e29e4 RCX: 000000000044a8e9
RDX: 0000000020000340 RSI: 00000000400454ca RDI: 0000000000000005
RBP: 00000000006e29e0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000293 R12: 6f68762f7665642f
R13: 6475612f7665642f R14: 74656e2f7665642f R15: 0000000000000001
Code: 8f 00 00 00 49 8b 54 24 08 48 39 f2 75 3b 48 83 c4 08 b8 01 00 00 00  
5b 41 5c 5d c3 4c 89 e2 48 c7 c7 00 80 40 86 e8 85 df fb fe <0f> 0b 48 c7  
c7 60 80 40 86 e8 77 df fb fe 0f 0b 48 c7 c7 c0 80
RIP: __list_del_entry_valid+0xd3/0x150 lib/list_debug.c:45 RSP:  
ffff8801d3ff71b8
---[ end trace bdcbea47fcda73ff ]---