Subject: [syzbot] [wireless?] [usb?] UBSAN: array-index-out-of-bounds in htc_issue_send

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 07:34:34 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    a788e53c05ae usb: usb-acpi: Fix oops due to freeing uninit..
git tree:       https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb.git usb-testing
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1324bffa180000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=dd8c589043bc2b49
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=93cbd5fbb85814306ba1
compiler:       gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=11c95c6e180000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1734b9f1180000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/070d17d2f510/disk-a788e53c.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/13f35a4bb3f0/vmlinux-a788e53c.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/6825f1cdc918/bzImage-a788e53c.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

usb 1-1: ath9k_htc: Transferred FW: ath9k_htc/htc_9271-1.4.0.fw, size: 51008
ath9k_htc 1-1:1.0: ath9k_htc: HTC initialized with 33 credits
------------[ cut here ]------------
UBSAN: array-index-out-of-bounds in drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_hst.c:26:51
index 255 is out of range for type 'htc_endpoint [22]'
CPU: 1 PID: 2494 Comm: kworker/1:2 Not tainted 6.8.0-rc6-syzkaller-00190-ga788e53c05ae #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 02/29/2024
Workqueue: events request_firmware_work_func
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0x125/0x1b0 lib/dump_stack.c:106
 ubsan_epilogue lib/ubsan.c:217 [inline]
 __ubsan_handle_out_of_bounds+0x111/0x150 lib/ubsan.c:347
 htc_issue_send.constprop.0+0x209/0x230 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_hst.c:26
 ath9k_wmi_cmd_issue drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/wmi.c:305 [inline]
 ath9k_wmi_cmd+0x424/0x630 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/wmi.c:342
 ath9k_regread+0xdb/0x160 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_init.c:242
 ath9k_hw_read_revisions drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c:287 [inline]
 __ath9k_hw_init drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c:572 [inline]
 ath9k_hw_init+0xf02/0x2b30 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c:700
 ath9k_init_priv drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_init.c:662 [inline]
 ath9k_init_device drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_init.c:839 [inline]
 ath9k_htc_probe_device+0xb37/0x25f0 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_init.c:963
 ath9k_htc_hw_init+0x33/0x70 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_hst.c:529
 ath9k_hif_usb_firmware_cb+0x272/0x620 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hif_usb.c:1273
 request_firmware_work_func+0x13a/0x240 drivers/base/firmware_loader/main.c:1163
 process_one_work+0x886/0x15d0 kernel/workqueue.c:2633
 process_scheduled_works kernel/workqueue.c:2706 [inline]
 worker_thread+0x8b9/0x1290 kernel/workqueue.c:2787
 kthread+0x2c6/0x3a0 kernel/kthread.c:388
 ret_from_fork+0x45/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x11/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:243
 </TASK>
---[ end trace ]---

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup