Subject: UBSAN: array-index-out-of-bounds in ieee80211_del_key

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 02:26:25 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    98477740 Merge branch 'rcu/urgent' of git://git.kernel.org..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17130875900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=5f4c828c9e3cef97
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=b1bb342d1d097516cbda
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
userspace arch: i386
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1550bdab900000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=17d783ab900000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

================================================================================
UBSAN: array-index-out-of-bounds in net/mac80211/cfg.c:524:9
index 255 is out of range for type 'ieee80211_key *[8]'
CPU: 0 PID: 6850 Comm: syz-executor698 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 ubsan_epilogue+0xb/0x5a lib/ubsan.c:148
 __ubsan_handle_out_of_bounds.cold+0x62/0x6c lib/ubsan.c:356
 ieee80211_del_key+0x428/0x440 net/mac80211/cfg.c:524
 rdev_del_key net/wireless/rdev-ops.h:107 [inline]
 nl80211_del_key+0x493/0x980 net/wireless/nl80211.c:4201
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit net/netlink/genetlink.c:669 [inline]
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:714 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x61d/0x980 net/netlink/genetlink.c:731
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x15a/0x430 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2470
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:742
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1304 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1330
 netlink_sendmsg+0x856/0xd90 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1919
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:651 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:671
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2353
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2407
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2440
 do_syscall_32_irqs_on arch/x86/entry/common.c:78 [inline]
 __do_fast_syscall_32+0x60/0x90 arch/x86/entry/common.c:137
 do_fast_syscall_32+0x2f/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:160
 entry_SYSENTER_compat_after_hwframe+0x4d/0x5c
RIP: 0023:0xf7ff9549
Code: b8 01 10 06 03 74 b4 01 10 07 03 74 b0 01 10 08 03 74 d8 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 51 52 55 89 e5 0f 34 cd 80 <5d> 5a 59 c3 90 90 90 90 eb 0d 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90
RSP: 002b:00000000fff7606c EFLAGS: 00000202 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000172
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000020000240
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 00000000f7ff928c RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 00000000094f8018 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
================================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches