Subject: KASAN: null-ptr-deref Read in tcf_idrinfo_destroy

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 00:37:16 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    05943249 net: atlantic: fix build when object tree is sepa..
git tree:       net
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15054509900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=240e2ebab67245c7
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=151e3e714d34ae4ce7e8
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in instrument_atomic_read include/linux/instrumented.h:56 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in atomic_read include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:27 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in __tcf_idr_release net/sched/act_api.c:162 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in tcf_idrinfo_destroy+0x129/0x1d0 net/sched/act_api.c:548
Read of size 4 at addr 0000000000000010 by task kworker/u4:0/7

CPU: 1 PID: 7 Comm: kworker/u4:0 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:517 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0x5/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:530
 check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/generic.c:186 [inline]
 check_memory_region+0x13d/0x180 mm/kasan/generic.c:192
 instrument_atomic_read include/linux/instrumented.h:56 [inline]
 atomic_read include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:27 [inline]
 __tcf_idr_release net/sched/act_api.c:162 [inline]
 tcf_idrinfo_destroy+0x129/0x1d0 net/sched/act_api.c:548
 tc_action_net_exit include/net/act_api.h:151 [inline]
 police_exit_net+0x168/0x360 net/sched/act_police.c:390
 ops_exit_list+0x10d/0x160 net/core/net_namespace.c:189
 cleanup_net+0x4ea/0xa00 net/core/net_namespace.c:603
 process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294
==================================================================
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 1 PID: 7 Comm: kworker/u4:0 Tainted: G    B             5.9.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x382/0x7fb kernel/panic.c:231
 end_report+0x4d/0x53 mm/kasan/report.c:104
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:520 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0xd/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:530
 check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/generic.c:186 [inline]
 check_memory_region+0x13d/0x180 mm/kasan/generic.c:192
 instrument_atomic_read include/linux/instrumented.h:56 [inline]
 atomic_read include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:27 [inline]
 __tcf_idr_release net/sched/act_api.c:162 [inline]
 tcf_idrinfo_destroy+0x129/0x1d0 net/sched/act_api.c:548
 tc_action_net_exit include/net/act_api.h:151 [inline]
 police_exit_net+0x168/0x360 net/sched/act_police.c:390
 ops_exit_list+0x10d/0x160 net/core/net_namespace.c:189
 cleanup_net+0x4ea/0xa00 net/core/net_namespace.c:603
 process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.